PIC: Nick Cannon Makes First Public Appearance Since Health Scare
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: ./Twitter3 of 14
- Photo: JERC/Bauer-Griffin4 of 14
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks5 of 14
- Photo: Donna Svennevik/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Carrie Devorah/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin13 of 14
Mariah's man is on the mend!
A healthy Nick Cannon ascended the stage at the Warner Theatre in Washington, D.C. Saturday night for the BET Honors -- his first public appearance since his hospitalization and surgery for "mild kidney failure." (Cannon left an Aspen, Colo. hospital last weekend.)
Carrying son Moroccan Scott, 8 months, the 31-year-old "America's Got Talent" host presented his wife (clad in a form-fitting nude and black gown) Mariah Carey with an entertainer award and jokingly explained why Monroe, Moroccan's twin sister, was backstage.
"She's a diva like her mama." Added Carey: "We were both sewn into our dresses, so she couldn't make it out."
But Cannon paid emotional tribute to his wife (a "hero," he said) for tending to him during his illness -- making him soup at 3 a.m. "when my kidneys ain't acting right."
"What most people don't get to experience is the human," he said at the podium. "To know you guys are honoring her tonight, I have to continue to honor her every day."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
David Beckham shares new underwear shots, and more celeb news on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jon and Kate in Court
ET talks to Jon and Kate after court!Watch Video »