Portia de Rossi takes wife Ellen Degeneres' name
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: Jason Winslow / Splash News/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Tonya Wise/London Ent/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Portia de Rossi has officially taken wife Ellen DeGeneres' last name.
A Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner granted de Rossi's request to take the last name of her partner during a closed hearing Thursday. The television star will now legally be known as Portia Lee James DeGeneres.
The couple married in August 2008. The 37-year-old Australia-born actress asked for the name change last month.
Neither woman attended the hearing. They married during the five-month window in which gay marriage was legal in California.
Portia DeGeneres is well-known for her roles on several television series, including "Ally McBeal," "Arrested Development" and "Better Off Ted."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite