Pregnant Claire Danes: My Belly Is the Size of a Soccer Ball
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 16
- Photo: Jennifer Buhl/Pacific Coast News2 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: ST/Splash News15 of 16
Claire Danes has always been slender, but now that she's several months pregnant, "It's getting to the point where I'm looking a little knocked up," the actress joked on "Live! With Kelly and Michael" on Sept. 4. Danes then compared the size of her baby bump to a "soccer ball."
The New York-based actress, 33, and her husband, actor Hugh Dancy, 37, announced their baby news July 4. Since then, Danes has been hard at work on the second season of Showtime's smash series "Homeland."
For now, at least, cameramen have been able to hide Danes' pregnancy curves. "I've been pretty fortunate thus far. We're in the middle of filming our second season and luckily we've been able to conceal it," Danes revealed. "They haven't written it in, but they'll be able to manipulate it in post and do some CGI trickery and make [my character] Carrie not so pregnant."
Danes and Dancy, who tied the knot in 2009, are keeping their child's gender a secret for now. "It is a human being, which is a profound relief," the actress teased.
As they prep for the arrival of their firstborn, Danes has another big event to look forward to: The Primetime Emmy Awards, airing live on Sept. 23. "Homeland" received nine nominations, with Danes snagging a nomination for outstanding lead actress in a drama series.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »