Protests flare in Bahrain for Kim Kardashian visit
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin1 of 19
- Photo: Nina Prommer/Retna Ltd.2 of 19
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: Khloe Kardashian/.4 of 19
- Photo: Khloe Kardashian/.5 of 19
- Photo: Khloe Kardashian/.6 of 19
- Photo: Khloe Kardashian/.7 of 19
- Photo: Khloe Kardashian/.8 of 19
- Photo: .9 of 19
- Photo: Khloe Kardashian/.10 of 19
- Photo: Kim Kardashian/.11 of 19
- Photo: Kim Kardashian/.12 of 19
- Photo: Thomas Lohnes/Invision/AP13 of 19
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/BRJ/Fame Flynet14 of 19
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet16 of 19
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Twitter17 of 19
- Photo: Michael Jaworski/WENN18 of 19
MANAMA, Bahrain (AP) — Just hours after reality TV star Kim Kardashian gushed about her impressions of Bahrain, riot police fired tear gas to disperse more than 50 hardline Islamic protesters denouncing her presence in the Gulf kingdom.
The clashes took place just before Kardashian opened the Bahrain branch of her Millions of Milkshakes shop.
An Associated Press journalist saw protesters chanting "God is great" near the shopping complex in Riffa, about 12 miles south of the capital Manama. The demonstrators were cleared before Kardashian appeared late Saturday.
Earlier, she posted glowing remarks about Bahrain on her Twitter account, calling it "the prettiest place on earth." It was re-Tweeted by Bahrain's foreign minister.
Kardashian was in Kuwait earlier this week to open another branch of the shop.
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »