Rachel Bilson did 'all the drugs and alcohol' before rising to fame
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/Getty Images North America1 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Russ Elliot/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: JAXN/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: FOX6 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Donato Sardella/Getty Images North America8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Leibson/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage15 of 16
Actress Rachel Bilson avoided the pitfalls of fame in her early 20s because the Los Angeles native had already experimented with "all the drugs and alcohol" during her youth.
The "Jumper" star reveals she went through a rebellious period as a teenager and by the time she rose to prominence as a star of hit TV drama "The O.C." at the age of 22, she was no longer interested in partying.
She tells Health magazine, "I grew up in L.A. and did all that when I was younger. I went to the clubs and did all the drugs and alcohol.
"I got it out of my system, so by the time I was on 'The O.C.,' I was like, 'Wow, I can just enjoy this'."
Bilson also credits her three-year relationship with her former co-star Adam Brody with helping to keep her grounded during that time, adding, "It was more of a domesticated thing; you're just home or with friends - and not out to party."
Bilson and Brody split in 2006. She is currently dating actor Hayden Christensen, while Brody recently wed Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Beyonce rocks a one-piece, plus more of the best celeb swimsuit moments of summer 2015 thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bellamy Young chats attachment to her "Scandal" wig, dishes on her hopes for season five and more!Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift to Diane Kruger, check out the celebs with the best summer street style!Watch Video »
Check out Diane Kruger, Elizabeth Banks, and Kendall Jenner's style statements on OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Learn how you can get Jennifer Lawrence's fresh-faced glow at home on the latest episode of Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard and co-stars dish on what it was like on set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite