Did Maria Shriver Diss Arnold on 'Oprah'?
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: M. Spencer Green/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: PMK/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Maria Shriver needs her friends more than ever right now -- including Oprah Winfrey, a close pal for over 30 years.
Which is probably why the TV journalist and estranged wife of Arnold Schwarzenegger appeared Tuesday before a crowd of 15,000 -- and a bevy of A-list stars -- to celebrate the final episodes of Winfrey's eponymous show after 25 years.
Half a day after her husband stunningly confessed to fathering an illegitimate child over a decade ago with a female staff member, Shriver took the stage at Chicago's United Center alongside Gayle King (Winfrey's other best girlfriend) around 10 p.m. (Find out the other stars who showed up for the finale.)
Radiant in a sexy teal gown, Shriver paid tribute to her close friend. "For more than 30 years you have bestowed upon me the most amazing friendship," said Shriver, who has four kids with Schwarzenegger, 63.
She even made a slight dig at her cheating spouse, noting to Winfrey: "You have shown love, support, wisdom, and most of all," she said, with a big, meaningful pause, "the truth."
Winfrey tightly squeezed her hand as the crowd erupted in applause.
"Over the years, you have shared that very generous spirit -- you've believed in others, so they can believe in themselves."
Shriver could certainly use some TLC these days. Earlier that day, she released her own statement about her estranged husband's shocking admission. "This is a painful and heartbreaking time," she said. "As a mother, my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."
Late Monday, multiple outlets reported that the other woman was Mildred Baena, who worked as the family's housekeeper-assistant for over 20 years, and allegedly gave birth to Schwarzenegger's son 14 years ago.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite