Ramona Singer, Mario Singer split: 'Real Housewives of New York City' star tweets she's moving on
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: WENN2 of 9
- Photo: CPA/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 9
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Momo / Juan Garces/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks6 of 9
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks7 of 9
- Photo: WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Sounds like it's over for good this time! Amid another round of rumors about her husband's infidelity, Ramona Singer took to Twitter on Thursday, Aug. 7, to announce her split from longtime love Mario Singer. The couple wed more than two decades ago and are parents to daughter Avery, 19.
"I have decided to move on with my life without Mario. I tried my best to make my marriage work," the Real Housewives of New York City star wrote. "I am excited for the new chapter in my life."
Singer's big reveal comes just two days after Bravo aired part two of the RHONY reunion, during which she refused to answer any of host Andy Cohen's questions about her marriage. "Everyone in my family is great," she said coolly. "We're together now, but I have a daughter Avery, who I love dearly, who is 19, and because of that, that's all I have to say on the matter."
Cohen tried repeatedly to get the Bravo reality star to elaborate on the state of her relationship with Mario, but she not-so-subtly shut him down, telling him to move on to another topic. "I don't want to take this discussion any further," she told him.
Her reaction was surprising at the time, but it makes sense now, given her big announcement. "I am doing what is right for me and my daughter Avery, who is the most important person in the world to me," Singer tells Us Weekly of the pending divorce. "But I am feeling great!"
The RHONY star first separated from her husband in January, after a report surfaced that he had cheated on her and impregnated another woman. (She denied the allegations.) Later that same month, the New York Post reported that she had filed for divorce.
Within just a few weeks, though, she seemed to be having second thoughts. In mid-February, the couple of 27 years were spotted getting "affectionate" on a bowling date night in NYC's Times Square, and in June, they were photographed holding hands on a walk through the city. (The just-concluded sixth season of RHONY was filmed before the marital rumors began.)
"I know my husband loves me, he knows that I love him, and we will see what happens," she told newly divorced former RHONY star Bethenny Frankel in March. "Nothing is written in stone. Life is an evolution."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite