'Real Chance of Love' Star Ahmad 'Real' Givens Starts Chemotherapy for Stage-Four Colon Cancer
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
"Real Chance of Love" star Ahmad "Real" Givens is taking the first steps toward fighting his stage-four colon cancer. A week after his diagnosis, the VH1 reality contestant has a treatment plan from his doctors at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles.
"They let him go home this afternoon. He is supposed to start the chemo pill today," Givens' rep told Us on Friday, March 22.
As Us Weekly previously reported, Givens first got sick in January with what he thought was the flu. After multiple hospital visits, he was diagnosed last week with stage-four colon cancer. According to his rep, the disease has metastasized, or spread, into his liver and lungs.
"Real is in good spirits but a lot of pain," the rep told Us of the Stallionaires rapper, who competed on I Love New York before he and his brother Kamal "Chance" Givens were offered their own dating game show.
Because insurance only covers "about 40 percent" of the expected costs for Givens' treatment, his family has set up a website to raise money. Donations will go toward paying the star's hospital bills.
"Anybody that knows Real knows that he is a tough, strong, spiritual individual, and will fight this off," a message on the site says. "Real is trying to stay positive and make a full recovery. He appreciates all his friends, family, and fans for helping him get through in this time of need."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite