Rep: 'Glee' star Cory Monteith heads to rehab
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: D.Chan/E.Traetto/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: PPNY/GSNY/Splash News5 of 20
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet6 of 20
- Photo: Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Scylla/CHARYBDIS/Fame Flynet8 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: GVK/NPG11 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage13 of 20
- Photo: FOX14 of 20
- Photo: FOX15 of 20
- Photo: Miguel/CPR/Fame Flynet16 of 20
- Photo: WireImage17 of 20
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin18 of 20
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks19 of 20
NEW YORK (AP) — "Glee" star Cory Monteith is heading to rehab.
RELATED: Is Lindsay Lohan still drinking?
In a statement, Monteith's rep confirmed Sunday night that the actor has "voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction.
"He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
People first reported the news on its website.
This is not the 30-year-old's first time in rehab. He got treatment when he was 19, and previously has spoken about his addiction struggles, saying he had a serious problem and took just "anything and everything."
He told Parade in 2011 that he was "lucky to be alive."
Monteith stars as Finn Hudson on the Fox show. He dates his co-star Lea Michele. She told People that she loves and supports Monteith and is proud he's going to rehab.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »