Rep: 'Glee' star Cory Monteith heads to rehab
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: D.Chan/E.Traetto/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: PPNY/GSNY/Splash News5 of 20
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet6 of 20
- Photo: Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Scylla/CHARYBDIS/Fame Flynet8 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: GVK/NPG11 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage13 of 20
- Photo: FOX14 of 20
- Photo: FOX15 of 20
- Photo: Miguel/CPR/Fame Flynet16 of 20
- Photo: WireImage17 of 20
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin18 of 20
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks19 of 20
NEW YORK (AP) — "Glee" star Cory Monteith is heading to rehab.
RELATED: Is Lindsay Lohan still drinking?
In a statement, Monteith's rep confirmed Sunday night that the actor has "voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction.
"He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
People first reported the news on its website.
This is not the 30-year-old's first time in rehab. He got treatment when he was 19, and previously has spoken about his addiction struggles, saying he had a serious problem and took just "anything and everything."
He told Parade in 2011 that he was "lucky to be alive."
Monteith stars as Finn Hudson on the Fox show. He dates his co-star Lea Michele. She told People that she loves and supports Monteith and is proud he's going to rehab.
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
David Beckham takes off his shirt for his fans at an LA Galaxy game.Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »