Roast Is For Charlie Sheen's Own Good
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 25
- Photo: Carlos Osorio/Invision/AP2 of 25
- Photo: Macca / Splash News/Splash News3 of 25
- Photo: Macca/Splash News4 of 25
- Photo: Butch Dill/Invision/AP5 of 25
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 25
- Photo: WENN7 of 25
- Photo: Carlos Osorio/Invision/AP8 of 25
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP9 of 25
- Photo: Splash News10 of 25
- Photo: NBC/Promotional11 of 25
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage12 of 25
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP13 of 25
- Photo: JE1/WENN14 of 25
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News15 of 25
- Photo: Ben Dome/PacificCoastNews.com16 of 25
- Photo: Splash News17 of 25
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.18 of 25
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures/Fame Pictures19 of 25
- Photo: Shady/Splash News20 of 25
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP21 of 25
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Digital22 of 25
- Photo: Phil McCarten/Invision/AP23 of 25
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/GettyImages.com24 of 25
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Caroine Bankoff
Comedy Central's upcoming Charlie Sheen roast is not just an opportunity for Seth MacFarlane to finally make use of all those zingers he's been hoarding since the official oversaturation of the Tiger Blood market this spring.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Can Anne Hathaway rule Hollywood?
It's so much more than that, says "roastmaster general," Jeff Ross: “These roasts are often therapeutic for a person. These are things he needs to hear. No one deserves to be roasted more than the warlock." (Ha, the warlock!) He added: "I see this as a comedy intervention."
Apparently, there's a "long list of people from Charlie’s past" interested in participating in the September 19 broadcast.
Just like an intervention — except probably with less emphasis on anguished concern for the guest-of-honor, and more on the exploitation of their horrible flaws.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Get the latest recap from 'Jersey Shore'
See also: a much higher likelihood that the thing will be followed by all the attendees getting wasted together, rather than helping to pack a bag full of sweaters for a challenging-but-ultimately-life-changing stay somewhere in Minnesota.
Really, unless Charlie has agreed to be in a documentary about addiction, then everyone should just be real. [EW]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Will the premiere of 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' be pushed back?
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite