Robin Roberts Returns Home After 30 Days in Hospital
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 3
- Photo: ABC News/.2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Robin Roberts returned to the comfort of her New York home on Wednesday -- 30 days after checking into a hospital, and 21 days after she received a bone marrow transplant to treat MDS, a rare blood disorder.
"Home Sweet Home. That has never had quite so much meaning before," the "Good Morning America" anchor, 51, wrote on her blog, which also featured photos of Roberts exiting the hospital with a face mask and protective gloves, and relaxing on her couch and gazing out the window.
To combat her MDS, doctors transplanted bone marrow donated by the veteran journalist's sister, Sally-Ann. "My doctors tell me her cells are making themselves right at home and with the grace of God, I pray that they will continue to do so," Roberts writes.
But, she points out, "This doesn’t mean that my journey is over. Far from it." The star's "GMA" hiatus will continue "until I'm given the all clear, but sleeping in my own bed feels like a big victory. My doctors will be monitoring me closely and I will still be at the hospital regularly to make sure we’re on the right track."
Thanking her "amazing medical team," Roberts also acknowledges the support of her fans. "I know it is your prayers and warm thoughts that have gotten me this far. I truly feel them each and every day. I humbly ask that you please continue to send them until you see me back at the GMA anchor desk and I promise to send them right back at ya."
She promises: "Each day I get stronger and stronger ... This too really shall pass."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Robin Roberts Returns Home After 30 Days in Hospital
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite