Robin Roberts shares first photo of girlfriend Amber Laign, has 'never been happier or healthier'
- Photo: ABC/Promotional1 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com5 of 9
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
A good morning, indeed! One week after Robin Roberts publicly acknowledged girlfriend Amber Laign for the first time in a touching Facebook message to fans -- thus coming out -- the "Good Morning America" anchor shared even more of her happy life on-air, with a photo of the couple at her niece's wedding in Baton Rouge, La.
"The highlight [of my vacation] -- my dear niece Judith, her wedding. The family was all together in Baton Rouge over the weekend, and we have a family photo," the 53-year-old journalist said on the Monday, Jan. 6, episode of "GMA." "Next to me is my girlfriend, Amber, and my sister-in-law, Cynthia, and my brother, Butch. And it was a glorious, glorious time that weekend."
"You all look so happy there," co-anchor George Stephanopoulos observed. "And Robin, it was no surprise to any of us, but in your end-of-year post, you did tell everyone about Amber and about your relationship. I hope that was a good experience for you."
"I'm going to tell you all this, and you know, because you've had a front-row seat all through that tumultuous year I had: I have never been happier or healthier than I am right now," Roberts -- who was treated for myelodysplastic syndrome in 2013 and is also a breast cancer survivor -- replied.
"My year-end post was just full of gratitude and just telling everyone all that I'm grateful for, including my girlfriend Amber, who really loved me through a very difficult year," she continued. "I'm very happy for the support."
As previously reported, the veteran journalist celebrated a cancer milestone on Dec. 29 with a moving Facebook post in which she thanked everyone who had supported her through her health crisis. "At this moment I am at peace and filled with joy and gratitude," she began.
"I am grateful for my sister, Sally-Ann, for being my donor and giving me the gift of life," the journalist wrote. "I am grateful for my entire family, my longtime girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together."
"On this last Sunday of 2013, I encourage you to reflect on what you are grateful for too," she concluded. "Wishing you a healthy and happy new year."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite