Ryan Kwanten: "I'm no good at being a model"
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Shea Walsh/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Carter Smith/GQ3 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Carter Smith/GQ5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Kara Warner
He plays the simple-minded Jason Sackhouse on HBO's campy vamp drama "True Blood," but in real life, actor Ryan Kwanten is anything but stupid. The guy quotes Einstein for crying out loud! Wonderwall caught up with the sexy Aussie import at the G Star fashion show in New York on Tuesday night and found out there is much more to this sly, philosophical man than just his pretty face.
On fashion week expectations:
"Besides the fashion? Superb conversation. The occasional flashing globe -- that's Aussie speak for bulb. Lots of electricity."
On why people are obsessed with vampires:
"That's obviously for them to decide. I've always believed that mystery is a big key. Albert Einstein said, 'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.'"
On modeling and his infamous GQ spread:
"A film director shot that, so at least he tried to build some character in there. I'm no good with trying to be a model. I think the best models sort of turn it into a character. Unless I've got a script in front of me and playing a character, it's really hard for me to play myself."
More on Wonderwall:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite