Sarah Michelle Gellar on her second child: 'I think it's easier'
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet1 of 24
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet2 of 24
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet3 of 24
- Photo: SPOT/GSI4 of 24
- Photo: SPOT/Wonderwall5 of 24
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin6 of 24
- Photo: XYF/ZOJ/WENN7 of 24
- Photo: SPOT/GSI8 of 24
- Photo: Ari Perilstein/Getty Images North America9 of 24
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage10 of 24
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN11 of 24
- Photo: MOE/Fame Flynet12 of 24
- Photo: Brabus/Pacific Coast News13 of 24
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet14 of 24
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.15 of 24
- Photo: Alex J. Berliner/.16 of 24
- Photo: FS2/WENN17 of 24
- Photo: c.Columbia/Everett / Rex USA/Rex USA18 of 24
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP19 of 24
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet20 of 24
- Photo: SPOT/GSI21 of 24
- Photo: GEVA/GSI22 of 24
- Photo: Fame Flynet23 of 24
By Molly McGonigle, Reporting by Scott Huver
Sarah Michelle Gellar really is an anomaly in Hollywood. She's been married to Freddie Prinze Jr. for 11 years. They have two kids together, Charlotte, almost 4, and Rocky, almost 1. And through the expansion of her family, she's been able to have a career that spans three decades. It's downright impressive.
While out promoting her CBS comedy, "The Crazy Ones," Sarah Michelle Gellar admitted that being a working mom with two young kids presents actresses with some unique challenges.
"I was still breast feeding on the pilot [of 'The Crazy Ones'], so they would like take breaks," she said about the directors working around her newborn's schedule. "They would joke that when my outfit stopped fitting me during the day, it was time to take a break and let Sarah go back to her trailer. So it took a village."
And while she had to adjust to having another child, she said that the second one was a lot less scary. "I think it's easier only because the main thing as a parent is you have to learn how to trust yourself. And I think there's a confidence that you have the second time that it's just impossible to have the first time."
With two young kids and a full career, Sarah Michelle Gellar clearly knows how to be a good parent. But what are her secrets to a happy and successful marriage? "God, if I knew, I would write a book and retire," she said. "I wouldn't be here right now. I mean, it's work. You have to work at anything. It's any relationship in your life. You have to nurture it and take time with it."
Humility doesn't hurt, either. "I feel like I've already accomplished so much in life that everything else is kind of gravy," she says. "I just feel very lucky."
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Bad Summer Looks
From Miley Cyrus to Nicki Minaj, see some of the worst summer fashion in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Shakira debuts her baby boy, plus more celeb news on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Miley Cyrus has changed her style over the years.Watch Video »