Sarah Palin Says She'll be Tina Fey Impersonator
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Al Grillo/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Ron Edmonds/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: NBC4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Move over Elvis and Marilyn Monroe impersonators on the Strip, Sarah Palin made her stand-up comedy debut Tuesday night on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and announced, "I picked up a gig in Las Vegas at the 'Legends' show playing Tina Fey."
On his second night back on the late-night job, Jay took a step out of the spotlight, allowing Sarah to deliver a monologue. Before beginning, she poked fun at herself for the mishap in which she was caught with notes on her hand as she spoke at an event. She promised to do her comedy bit without cue cards or notations, saying, "I will know these jokes like the front of my hand."
Glad to have a break in L.A. from the frigid winter weather in her home of Alaska, the former Vice-Presidential nominee compared the two states: "Here, when people have a frozen look on their face, I find out it's botox."
As Jay traditionally does in his monologue, Sarah introduced the night's guest, Olympic gold medalist Shaun White. Excited to see the snowboarding champ, she said, "Last time I was this close to the 'Flying Tomato' was when someone threw one at me at a book signing."
She said she was an avid watcher of the Vancouver Winter Olympic Games and recalled the thought that crossed her mind while tuning in to the Closing Ceremonies just a few days ago: "The minute I saw the giant moose, I remembered, I hadn't cooked anything for the kids for dinner."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite