Shayne Lamas 'Breathing on Her Own,' 'Doing Better' After Miscarriage, Surgery
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Shayne Lamas is doing better -- physically, at least -- in the wake of her miscarriage on Feb. 9. "The Bachelor" alum, 28, is still hospitalized but breathing on her own following a scary pregnancy complication, her husband, Nik Richie, said in a statement to Us Weekly on Feb. 11.
PHOTOS: Celebrity health scares
"We would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for the immense support we have received from our family, friends, fans, and media," Richie's statement read. "It is really amazing how everyone has come together for Shayne, Press, and I during this extremely difficult time." (Press is the couple's daughter, whom they welcomed in November 2011, a little over a year after they married in 2010.)
PHOTOS: Stars who eloped
The statement continued: "Shayne is breathing on her own now and doing better; we have high hopes for a speedy recovery. At this time we are still trying to process everything that happened and we thank everyone again for giving us this time to heal."
As previously reported, Lamas was rushed to the hospital after she collapsed in her Orange County home on Sunday evening. Richie told TMZ she underwent "life-saving emergency surgery" and was "on a ventilator system."
"We are so very grateful to the hospital personnel and the doctors who saved her life last night," Lamas' father, Lorenzo Lamas, said in a statement. "Shayne is aware of her condition and that her family and her husband are here with her and love her so much. She will be remaining in the hospital until her doctors determine that she can be released."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite