Shayne Lamas speaks out after release from hospital ICU following miscarriage, health scare
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA1 of 6
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Good to have you back, Shayne. More than a week after she was rushed to the hospital due to a pregnancy complication, Shayne Lamas is out of the intensive care unit and on the road to recovery.
"Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I've cried reading the expression of generosity and warmth from everyone," the 28-year-old said in a statement on Feb. 20. "I'm out of ICU at Mission Viejo Hospital. I cannot thank the medical staff here enough for not giving up on me."
The "Bachelor" alumna, mom to 2-year-old daughter Press, went on to thank her loved ones, including her dad, Lorenzo Lamas, and her husband, Nik Richie. "Thank you to my father and his wife, my mother, my sisters, my grandmother and New York family, my husband's family, and to my husband for never leaving my side," she said. "Nik, your strength can never be measured. I love you."
Lastly, she encouraged all of her supporters to donate blood and paid tribute to the son she lost during emergency surgery. "To everyone out there, please donate blood. You can save a life like mine," she said in her statement. "In loving memory of my son, Rex Jagger Lamas-Richie."
As previously reported, Lamas and Richie decided to name their baby boy after his death earlier this month. Richie told TMZ he chose the name Rex because he always wanted a son with that name, and Jagger in honor of musician Mick Jagger.
"You saved your mother's life with your passing and I will never forget how much this means to me, R.J.," the grieving father wrote in a touching letter to his late son. "In family, we sacrifice for each other. You gave your life for us. You showed me how to love. I need you to know that I held you, spoke to you, kissed you and that you'll be remembered. You are perfect," he continued. "You will always be my son. I'm proud of you, always. I love you, Rex Jagger Lamas-Richie."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'RHONY' Return?
From Crowd Ignite