Simon Cowell Breaks Off Engagement After Two Years
- Photo: INB/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Shirlaine Forrest/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Eliot Press/Bauer-Griffin3 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: CHARLIE LUCIANO/StarTraks9 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com16 of 17
Simon Cowell's trip down the aisle is getting postponed.
In an interview with UK newspaper the Daily Mirror, the "X Factor" judge reveals that he and his fiancee, Mezhgan Hussainy, are taking a break from both their relationship and their wedding plans.
"It's quite a complicated relationship. We have had a break from each other, and we are still incredibly close," the 52-year-old Brit explains in Sunday's Mirror. "I'm vulnerable. It's not on, it's not off, it's somewhere in the middle. I don't know if I will ever get married, but I am happy."
Cowell and Hussainy met on the set of "American Idol" in 2003, where she was working as a makeup artist, and the couple got engaged in February 2010. At the time, Cowell, who's known for his emotionless demeanor, made it clear that he was very much over the moon.
"I'm smitten with Mezghan, I think she's the one," he gushed to the British TV host Piers Morgan. "She's very special...You know when you've found somebody very special."
But in Sunday's Mirror, Cowell alludes that the spark has fizzled out and he's regretting his remarks from two years ago.
Addressing his heartfelt quip on Piers Morgan, Cowell says, "I have been pretty good about not talking about my private stuff, but I got caught up in the moment."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »