Jessica Simpson discovered pregnancy during champagne test
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Meinelt/Winslow/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Tom Meinelt-Jason Winslow/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Courtesy Jessica Simpson/.6 of 16
- Photo: Ruven Afanador/Lucky Magazine/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Ruven Afanador/Lucky Magazine/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Jessica Simpson Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/Simpson Twitter/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Three Kings/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Jessica Simpson found out about her pregnancy while checking to make sure she could drink champagne during a romantic weekend away with her fiance and some friends.
The pop star-turned-businesswoman suspected she was with child and decided to make sure before heading off on a boozy break.
PHOTOS: Jessica's bump watch
She tells U.S. news show "Access Hollywood," "I was just kinda feeling a little off before we went away for a weekend... and I wanted to make sure I was in the clear to have a couple of glasses of champagne and I was not in the clear."
Simpson's fiance Eric Johnson, who was with her at the time, had no idea the singer was taking a pregnancy test in the bathroom and was "shocked" when she told him about the baby.
She adds, "I came in, like, shaking, like, 'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this is happening!' We both cried... We just sat there and stared at each other and were like, 'OK, we're doing this!'"
The star, who publicly confirmed rumors about her pregnancy at Halloween, Oct. 31, admits she is enjoying life as an expectant mum.
PHOTOS: Jess and Eric's ride to romance
She adds, "Pregnancy is a friend of mine, so everything has been running smoothly. So far so good, no morning sickness. I feel great. I'm tired but I'm making a baby."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite