Snooki gets $32K to talk 'GTL' on Rutgers campus
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: A. Miller/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) -- The pouf is mightier than the pen when it comes to speaking fees at New Jersey's largest university.
RELATED: Snooki and more celebs with secrets
The Rutgers University Programming Association paid Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi of the reality TV show "Jersey Shore" $32,000 Thursday to dish on her hairstyle, fist pumps, as well as the GTL — gym, tanning, laundry — lifestyle.
That's $2,000 more than the $30,000 the university is paying Nobel-winning novelist Toni Morrison to deliver Rutgers' commencement address in May.
Money for Polizzi's appearance came from the mandatory student activity fee.
Freshman Adham Abdel-Raouf told The Star-Ledger of Newark he thought the price was a bargain given Snooki's popularity. Another freshman, Dan Oliveto, said it was a waste of money.
Snooki's advice to students: "Study hard, but party harder."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite