Sofia Vergara Says She Was Diagnosed With Cancer at 28
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com1 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 18
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News3 of 18
- Photo: Donald Traill/Invision/AP4 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 18
- Photo: Splash News6 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: @2011 Sofia Vergara/WhoSay.com/.8 of 18
- Photo: @sofiavergara/Twitter9 of 18
- Photo: Marco Ugarte/Invision/AP10 of 18
- Photo: V. Labissiere/Splash News11 of 18
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com13 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com14 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Charlie Luciano/StarTraks16 of 18
- Photo: @SofiaVergara/Twitter17 of 18
In an interview this week with ABC's "Nightline," "Modern Family" star Sofia Vergara revealed that she was diagnosed with cancer at age 28.
In 2000, Vergara was told that she had thyroid cancer. Having already experienced her older brother's murder in Colombia and her younger brother's drug addiction, the cancer news was quite possibly the worst news she could hear.
When she found out, she immediately thought: "What are you talking about? You always think, 'death.' You don't -- that's all you think when they tell you that."
When she was diagnosed, she "never felt sick," which made it even more difficult. Sofia went through operations and treatments and said, "It's a nightmare, because you're feeling healthy."
She told Health.com that she went through radiation treatment to beat the cancer, pushing through it with the optimistic attitude she's become famous for. She always tells herself, "Let's keep going." And she has. Along the way, the Emmy-nominated beauty has been linked to several famous Hollywood hunks, including Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg and Enrique Iglesias, according to "Nightline."
Now she's stepping out of the Hollywood dating scene and is seeing Nick Loeb, a Florida businessman. As far as how serious it is, Sofia said, "I don't think anyone wants to see Gloria pregnant."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON ET:
From the once seemingly aloof bachelor to the now ever-adoring husband, check out George Clooney's transformation.Watch Video »
Youtube for 90210
From Jenna Marbles to PewDiePie, find out which Youtube sensations we think should star in “Beverly Hills, 90210” if the show was cast today!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry's Under the Sea Adventure
Katy Perry tours one of the world's largest aquariums on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by...Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMovie Makeover
From Crowd Ignite