Troubled actor Gary Dourdan files for bankruptcy
- Photo: APL/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Josephine Santos/Pacific Coast News3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
Former "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" star Gary Dourdan has filed for bankruptcy.
RELATED: Stars with edgy style
The actor's financial issues first surfaced in 2010 when he was sued over a credit card debt, and he has continued to struggle with money woes ever since, most recently facing a court battle to stop the foreclosure of his Venice, Calif., home over the summer.
He filed an injunction on 30 August (12) to prevent bank bosses at Wells Fargo from putting the property up for auction to help pay off his mortgage debts, accusing them of failing to offer him a relief plan, and it has now emerged that Dourdan also lodged papers declaring bankruptcy on the same day.
In the court documents, obtained by TMZ, Dourdan claims he has just over $1.8 million in assets, but owes various creditors a total of $1.73 million, with the majority of bills owed to banks.
RELATED: Stars in financial trouble
Among his possessions are a 2006 Dodge Charger worth $7,000, $4,000 in furniture, $1,500 in clothes, and $500 in watches.
He also states that he earns an average of $14,883 a month, but his bills leave him with just $321 in disposable income.
However, Dourdan, 45, is predicting a more promising future and "anticipates major acting roles", which he hopes will help settle his debts.
The actor has not landed a significant film or TV job since his "CSI" analyst character Warrick Brown was killed off in the season nine premiere in 2008.
RELATED: Richest stars under 30
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite