Vanessa Williams: I Was Sexually Abused As A Child
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin1 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: WENN3 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Tommaso Boddi/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: ST / Splash News/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: GARRY SUN/Bauer-Griffin9 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com12 of 13
Actress Vanessa Williams has bravely opened up about the sexual abuse that she endured as a 10-year-old at the hands of a teenage girl.
In the heartbreaking interview in the new issue of People magazine, the "Desperate Housewives" star revealed that the incident occurred when she was staying with family friends, and their 18-year-old daughter, Susan, entered her room and "pulled down the bloomers of my cotton baby-doll pajamas," said the 49-year-old. "I lay there paralyzed. What was I going to do?"
Williams remained close-lipped about the abuse for many years, but she's now sharing her painful secret in her forthcoming memoir, "You Have No Idea."
Despite the childhood trauma, the former Miss America said it hadn't emotionally scarred her for life. "It didn't paralyze me, and I don't dwell," she explained, although it did cause her to act more rebellious and "pull away" from her parents as a youngster.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRoyal Romance
From Crowd Ignite