Willow Palin defends her mom with anti-gay remark
- Photo: Ross D. Franklin/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Gilles Mingasson/TLC/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 8
- Photo: WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Fern/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Jen Odell
It sounds like Sarah Palin's 16-year-old daughter, Willow, may have missed the memo that even if you're famous, it's not copacetic to use the word "gay" in a derogatory way.
During the Nov. 14 premiere of Willow's mom's new reality show, a Facebook user named Tre used the social media site to opine that "Sarah Palin's Alaska is failing so hard right now."
According to screen shots of Willow and Tre's Facebook pages (on which the last names have been blacked out) on TMZ, Willow shot back, "Haha your so gay. I have no idea who you are, But what I've seen pictures of, your disgusting... My sister has a kid and is still hot." She later wrote, "Tre stfu. Your such a f-----."
RELATED VIDEO: Bristol Palin shoots a safe sex PSA
Eventually, Willow's older sister Bristol stepped in, lashing out at a user named Jon after comments on the page began to blow up. "You'll be as successful as my baby daddy," she reportedly wrote. "And actually I do work my a-- off. I've been a single mom for the last two years."
Finally, Willow posted: "Sorry that you guys are all jealous of my families success and you guys aren't goin to go anywhere with your lives."
On Tuesday night, after the online feud leaked to the press, Bristol regained her media savvy. "Willow and I shouldn't have reacted to negative comments about our family. We apologize," she posted, adding, "On a nicer note, thank you for supporting the great competition in Dancing with the Stars!"
The Palin family's latest "oops" moment comes just a month after Anderson Cooper and others called out Vince Vaughn and the makers of the film, "The Dilemma" for including a scene in which Vaughn says, "that's so gay" in a derogatory way. Though Vaughn later defended the film's script, critics worried that Hollywood risked glamorizing homophobia even as suicides by gay teens were on the rise.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGet Well Soon
From Crowd Ignite