Tracy Morgan is thankful that a fire started in his apartment Wednesday morning (Feb. 18) didn't hurt anyone -- not even his fish.
"A fire broke out in my Manhattan apartment this morning, apparently starting with a lamp attached to my fish tank," the comedian says in a statement. "The sprinklers promptly activated and the NYFD came by to make sure it was contained. Fortunately, the fire did not spread and no one in the building was injured -- even the fish are okay.
"My thanks to the New York Fire Department for their quick action."
A faulty bulb in the tank that housed Morgan's fish, including a shark, had malfunctioned, sparking the blaze. Morgan had a day off from working on the NBC sitcom "30 Rock" and was home at the time. NYFD contained the blaze by mid-morning.
"The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd also mentioned the fire on her talk show. She lives in the same building as Morgan and plays his on-screen wife on "30 Rock."
Production on "30 Rock" will not be affected, although it's likely that fried fish will be making the rounds on set for a few days.
- Feb. 17, 2018 Stars attend events during NBA All-Star Weekend 2018