Invision/AP 1 / 6

Country veteran Loretta Lynn has assured fans she is fine after suffering minor burns in a small house fire as she prepares to return to the stage on Friday.

The "Coal Miner's Daughter" icon, 81, hurt her hands as she tried to put out a blaze that had been sparked by an overturned candle at her Hurricane Mills, Tenn., ranch on Tuesday, but she is refusing to let the incident get in the way of her concert plans.

She took to her Twitter on Wednesday to express her gratitude for their well wishes, writing, "Thanks to my sweet fans for worrying about me. The fire was small and no one was hurt. Love you".

Representatives from her management have confirmed Lynn will perform as scheduled in Greenville, Texas on Friday.

Meanwhile, Lynn has also signed up to headline the 2014 Johnny Cash Music Festival this August, alongside Reba McEntire and Bobby Bare.


Best celeb selfies of 2013

Best TMI tweets of 2013

Stars are nothing like us