Jane Schneck, the mother of Aaron and Nick Carter, found herself handcuffed and arrested last week after getting into an altercation with her husband over the volume of the television.
Police told TMZ that Jane, who had been drinking with her an adult family member, was listening to the television so loudly that her husband couldn't sleep. A verbal altercation over the remote control then became physical.
According to the report, Jane's husband whipped out his cell phone to record the altercation, prompting her to grab his wrist. After doing so, he called police because, TMZ claims, he "didn't like how Jane touched him."
Cops eventually reviewed the cell phone video and determined that Jane had committed battery and therefore arrested late Friday, April 28, in Florida. After being booked into the Hernando County Jail, Jane posted a $100 bond and was released from custody.
No one was seriously injured during the incident.
Jane has had a trying several months. Back in November 2022, Aaron's was found dead in a bathtub in his home. Although signs pointed to drug use being tied to the death, Jane insisted the police investigate it as a homicide.
"Aaron had a lot of death threats and many many people who were making his life miserable," she wrote on Facebook while posting gruesome images of the death scene. "Because of my son's mental illness and prescription drug issues [investigators] just wanted it to be something easy that they didn't have the time or inclination to address. This won't work for me or [Aaron's fiancée] Melanie or anyone who truly loved him. We want answers. We want justice. There are people who must be held accountable."
On April 18, 2023 — five months after Aaron passing — the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner confirmed the singer's cause of death: As reported by TMZ, Aaron drowned in the bathtub of his Lancaster, California, home after taking alprazolam, which is generic Xanax, and inhaling compressed difluoroethane, which is a propellant used in cans of compressed air. According to the report, Aaron became "incapacitated while in the bathtub due to the effects" of the drugs and huffing, leading him to slip under the water and drown.
The autopsy concluded that his death was accidental.