Jay Leno was rushed to a Los Angeles burn center on Sunday with "severe" injuries to his face following a car fire, a report claims.
All of the comedian's engagements for the week have been canceled.
"I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire," Jay, 72, told Variety in a statement. "I am OK. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet."
According to TMZ, the left side of Jay's face was burned but flames did not penetrate his eye or his ear.
Jay was reportedly in his Los Angeles garage where he stores his collection of cars when one of the vehicles suddenly erupted into flames. Jay, the report says, was taken to the burn ward at Grossman Burn Center where he remains.
Jay's friend and employee George Swift told "Access Hollywood" that the comedian was working on a steam car when it caught fire, explaining, "Steam is made by gas, and he got sprayed with some gas and it ignited." He further shared that Jay is "going to be fine. It's nothing life-threatening. He's in great spirits, but you know, it's going to take awhile."
The former "Tonight Show" host was set to appear at the Financial Brand conference in Las Vegas on Sunday, Nov. 13, but organizers said he wouldn't take part due to a "very serious medical emergency."
"His family was not able to provide us very many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that is preventing Jay from traveling," a notice, obtained by People, said. "All we know is that he is alive, so our prayers go out to him and his family tonight."
Jay is a noted car guru, as it's estimated that he owns about 180 cars and 160 motorcycles. His car collection is reportedly valued at around $52 million. His love of cars is often showcased on the CNBC series "Jay Leno's Garage."