The 2016 Billboard Awards are May 22 and it seems like every day there is another major star added to the lineup. To be fair, the award show normally gets it's fair share of celebrity attendees and performances by big name artists, but the 2016 awards seem to be operating in a different stratosphere.
It's an embarrassment of riches this year.
On May 16, there was another major announcement when it was revealed Adele's new music video will debut worldwide during the live broadcast.
Below are the six things we are most looking forward to at this year's Billboard Awards.
1. We already referenced it, but Adele. The singer posted a short teaser of the "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)" video on Instagram. "Coming Soon…," she captioned the video that shows her in a floor-length floral gown. According to Adele's label, the video was shot in London and was directed by Patrick Daughters, who has directed for Muse and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in the past. Adele is up for eight awards at Sunday night's show.
2. One of the most anticipated moments of the show is Madonna's tribute to Prince, who passed away unexpectedly on April 21. Details of the tribute are being guarded incredibly closely, but expect this to be beautiful and emotional.
3. Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton will take their lovefest to the Billboard stage. The real life couple is set to perform their duet "Go Ahead And Break My Heart," a song they wrote together for his upcoming album, "If I'm Honest," which will be released just two days before the show.
4. It's Britney B----! Britney Spears will be honored with the Millennium Award and she'll also take the stage. Britney is slated to perform a medley of her chart-topping hits during the awards show. Past recipients of the Millennium Award include Beyoncé and Whitney Houston, so she's in good company. Really, though, we're more interested in seeing Brit hitting us one more time with a performance! (See what we did there?)
5. Celine Dion is set to take home the ICON award, but she's also going to show why she's such a pro. A month after her husband Rene Angelil passed, the songstress returned to the stage, saying that the show must go on. At the Billboard Awards on Sunday, in addition to the award, Celine will take the stage for a performance of Queen's "The Show Must Go On."
6. Oh yeah, there are awards, too. Who's going home with the gold? The Weeknd could be getting a lot of face time. He's up for 19 nominations, thanks to his massively-popular Beauty Behind The Madness album. Justin Bieber has 12 nominations; Drake and Fetty Wap each have 11; Taylor Swift and Adele have 8 a piece.
Tune into the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, May 22nd at 8:00 p.m. ET / 5:00 p.m. PT on ABC.