"Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro was hospitalized this week after he impaled his hand during a bowling accident at his New Jersey home over the weekend.
Buddy, who was released from the hospital on Sept. 23, has already undergone several surgeries on his right hand.
"I had a really bad accident at my house with my hand," he said on his Instagram Story, adding that he's "getting the best care possible."
A rep for the Food Network star told People magazine, "There was a malfunction with the bowling pinsetter, a common fix in the past, but it turned into a terrible accident."
"After trying to release the bowling pin from the cage mechanism, his right hand became lodged and compressed inside the unit," the rep continued. "Unable to remove his hand, he can see a 1-1/2 inch metal rod slowly and repeatedly impale his hand three times between his ring finger and middle finger."
Buddy's teenage sons were able to free his hand after using a reciprocating saw "to cut through the metal rod and relieve his father from the machine," the rep noted.
The chef maintained a sense of humor on Instagram, posting a photo from his hospital bed.
"I was involved in a terrible accident a few days ago… What do you think of my new accessory?" he wrote in the caption.
Buddy has showed off the bowling alley inside his house several times in the past.
"It will be an uphill battle as it's Buddy's dominant right hand and he will need prolonged recovery and therapy," his rep said.
Many famous chefs wished Buddy well on Instagram.
Emeril Lagasse commented, "Get better quick my friend!" Duff Goldman wrote, "Get better homie. You're gonna need that hand."