A man was arrested after intruding on Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's California property twice late last year, it's been revealed.
TMZ reported that a 37-year-old man drove from Ohio to Montecito, Calif., and was caught trespassing on the couple's property on Christmas Eve. At the time, Santa Barbara County Sheriff's officers let him off with a warning. The man, however, came back on Dec. 26. This time he was arrested on one count of misdemeanor trespassing.
It's not known what he wanted from the royal couple, nor is it known if they were home at the time of the intrusions.
The report comes at an interesting time. During Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah last week, the couple said they were worried for their safety after Buckingham Palace stripped them of their United Kingdom security team when they stepped down from their senior roles in the royal family.
During the interview, Harry said that despite he and Meghan's abdication, their risks remain the same, as they're still high-profile people.
"I never thought I would have my security removed, because I was born into this position. I inherited the risk. That was a shock to me," he said.
Meghan said she pleaded with the royals to let Harry keep his security. "They said it was just not possible," Meghan said.