January Jones is feeling rattled after her dog got bitten by a snake near her home in Los Angeles.
On April 8, the actress posted a photo of the venomous reptile to her Instagram Story.
"This baby rattler bit my lil Vinny this morning," she wrote alongside the photo. "I caught and released it but praying for my pup who's in the hospital now ❤️."
She later shared a photo of the pup along with several heart emojis.
After leaving her 1.1 million Instagram followers hanging on the edge of their seats, January gave an update about her black Bernedoodle on April 9.
"Vinny's back home," she wrote. "Tired out but doing well."
It's actually not uncommon for dogs to have entanglements with snakes. TooFab, citing the Animal Medical Center of Southern California, said dogs are about "20 times more likely" to be bitten by a poisonous snake than people. They are also "25 times more likely" to die if they are bitten.