show off

Kelly Osbourne reveals gastric surgery assisted in dramatic weight loss

Kelly Osbourne is going public and getting chatty about her weight loss.

On Aug. 19, the former "Fashion Police" panelist stepped out to pick up lunch with a friend. In doing so, she proudly showed off her dramatic weight loss

Pickle Rick / BACKGRID

In the images, Kelly, donning a face mask, wears jeans and a black sheer shirt.

In early August, the former "The Osbournes" star celebrated after a friend noted her weight loss in an Instagram photo. 

"Oh my gosh, you lost a lot of weight," commented the pal. Kelly replied, "That's right mamma Mai I lost 85lbs since I last saw you. Can you believe it?"

Another person wrote, "You look like a different person with your weight loss much more confident… beautiful!."

View this post on Instagram

Today I'm feeling #Gucci 💜❤️

A post shared by Kelly Osbourne (@kellyosbourne) on

Afterward, Kelly posted a photo of a clothing tag highlighting her slimmed-down size.

She captioned the photo, "Yes… I'm bragging because I worked hard and it feels good!!!"

View this post on Instagram

Love you guys 😝

A post shared by Kelly Osbourne (@kellyosbourne) on

On Aug. 20, Kelly opened up about her weight loss on the "Hollywood Raw with Dax Holt and Adam Glyn" podcast, revealing she had surgery to transform her body.

"I did the gastric sleeve. All it does is change the shape of your stomach," she said. "I got that almost 2 years ago. I will never ever ever lie about it ever. It is the best thing I have ever done."

The surgery, she said, is different than a "gastric bypass."

"All it does is move you in the right direction," she said. "So, anyone who's thinking of doing something like this, really think about that. I had to do a year of stand-alone therapy to prepare myself for the surgery before I even had it. All it is — is a push in the right direction. It doesn't solve all your problems. It's not a quick fix."

Xavier Collin/Fox/PictureGroup/Shutterstock

Kelly now has a healthier body and mindset than she did in the past.

"The number one thing I had to do was get happy. I had to fix my head before I could fix my body. You can never go into this if you're not in a good mindset. I stopped drinking, which is the best thing I've ever done. I really wanted to fix the things that were broken in me," she said. "I'm not perfect. I still make a lot of mistakes. I have bumps in the road, I fall down, I get back up again"

Friends forever

Mario Lopez dishes on chat with Dustin Diamond after cancer diagnosis

Bonded by Bayside.

Getty Images

On Jan. 14, Dustin Diamond's reps confirmed that the former "Saved By The Bell" star has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and was undergoing chemotherapy. A few hours later, one of Dustin's "Bayside High" classmates reveled that he reached to the ailing actor. 

"I connected with Dustin earlier this evening and although the news of his diagnosis is heartbreaking, we remain positive that he'll overcome this," Mario Lopez tweeted alongside two pictures from the nostalgic show. "Praying for him & his family and for a speedy recovery. God Bless."

On Jan. 11, multiple reports revealed that Dustin had been hospitalized after feeling uneasy and experiencing pain all over his body. He also discovered a lump in his throat. Dustin's medical team felt it was "likely" cancer, and on Jan. 14, TMZ reported that those fears were confirmed. Dustin, the webloid explained, has stage 4 cancer and is also experiencing pain from shingles. 

His rep later confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that Dustin, who famously played Screech, had already started chemotherapy.

"It's serious, but we don't know how serious yet," Dustin's rep told EW. "He's at an undisclosed hospital in Florida and will probably go home after treatments. We just want him to get well soon."

Jonathan Hordle/Shutterstock

Dustin's health issues come amid the recent revival of the sitcom on Peacock. Several of Dustin's former castmates star in the new show, but the actor who played Screech wasn't offered a gig, perhaps given his fallout with the majority of the cast over the years. 

In 2009, he released a book titled "Behind the Bell" that painted a dark picture of the show, alleging drug use and backstabbing. Most of the cast spoke out against the book, calling it fiction. In 2014, Lifetime released a movie largely based on the book: "The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story."

Dustin eventually said he didn't write the book and apologized for it.

There is buzz that Dustin might make an appearance on the revival. "They've been talking, so we're keeping our fingers crossed," his reps said.

Remembrance

Celine Dion honors late husband on 5th anniversary of his death

Celine Dion is paying tribute to her late husband, René Angelil, on the fifth anniversary of his death.

Sean Masterson/EPA/Shutterstock

On Jan. 14, the singer posted a photo to Instagram of her and René holding hands on the beach. 

"René, it's been 5 years already… There's not one day that we don't think about you," she sweetly captioned the image. "We're reaching out to you now more than ever, to guide us, protect us, and continue to watch over us. And we pray that you'll shine your love on the entire world, to all those at this very moment, who are facing incredibly difficult times."

She added, "You are in our hearts and in our lives forever. We love you, Celine, René-Charles, Nelson and Eddy xx…"

Celine often speaks about her late husband, who passed away in 2016 after a long battle with throat cancer. 

Celine often keeps René's spirit alive in Instagram tributes to her kids. She took the opportunity to reference René last October when their twin sons, Nelson and Eddy, celebrated their 10th birthdays. 

"Nelson and Eddy, you have been bringing so much joy, love and laughter into our lives every single day for the past 10 years," she wrote on Instagram at the time. "You make me, your big brother and your Dad, who is for sure watching over you, so very proud. Happy birthday my beautiful boys! We love you so very much… – Mom, RC and Dad xx…"

Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP/Shutterstock

She did the same when René-Charles' turned 19 years old in January 2020. 

"I want you to know that your father's guidance continues to support and protect you… as I do," she wrote on Instagram last year. "Keep being the best of yourself… strong, passionate, and wise, as you pursue all of your dreams in life – the sky's the limit!"

Name game

Anne Hathaway isn't a fan of her first name, says it 'doesn't fit'

Anne Hathaway wants to play the name game.

During a chat with Jimmy Fallon this week, the actress bemoaned the fact that people call her "Anne," despite that being her birth name. She's hoping that people can learn to call her "Annie."

Jason Merritt/Radarpics/Shutterstock

"When I was 14 years old, I did a commercial, and I had to get my SAG card and they asked me, 'Well, what do you want your name to be?'" she began. "And I was like, 'Well, it should be my name. My name's Anne Hathaway.' So that seemed like the right choice, but it never occurred to me that for the rest of my life, people will call me Anne."

For the most part, she says only fans and movie posters call her "Anne."

"The only person who ever calls me Anne is my mother, and she only does it when she's really mad at me," the "Locked Down" star continued. "Like, really mad."

Gregory Pace/Shutterstock

Anne, er Annie, said she always thinks she's in trouble when people call out her birth name.

"Every time I step out in public and someone calls my name I think they're going to yell at me," she said. "People are like, 'Anne!' And I'm like 'What? What did I do?!'"

Her co-workers even have "workarounds" when they address her because "the truth is nobody's comfortable with" calling her Anne.

"It doesn't fit," she said. "I'm an Annie. People call me H, people call me Hath, so feel free, call me anything but Anne."

Upbringing details

Elizabeth Olsen dishes on growing up in the shadow of famous twin sisters

Growing up as the younger sister of two global superstars, Elizabeth Olsen admits that her unbringing wasn't "average."

"It's definitely not a lot of people's average childhood, but I don't know if any of us look back at our childhoods and think of any of them as average," she said of her experience as the younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

Erik Pendzich/Shutterstock

"I guess it was unique to me and my sisters' experience," she told United Kingdom host Lorraine Kelly.

Mary-Kate and Ashley became known worldwide for starring in "Full House." They quickly began their own brand, as they released movies, clothing and merchandise. They were two of the richest women in the world as teenagers. 

Elizabeth followed her sister's footsteps into acting, and carved her own path. She's now a part of the Marvel universe, including Disney+'s new series "WandaVision."

"We have these characters, they are these super heroes that are just trying to fit in the suburbs, but things aren't what they seem and it will be revealed in every episode," she said. 

AFF-USA/Shutterstock

She's also about to start filming the "Doctor Strange" franchise in London.

"We love it here, we're so happy here, we love walking in the rain and bundling up. It's so nice to quarantine everywhere else, even if it's inside our home," she said of her United Kingdom pad. "Every opportunity I have to come here, I seize it. Even if I'm in Europe, I figure out how to swing to London. It's my home from home."

Elizabeth's interview comes as her sister Mary-Kate finalizes her nasty divorce from Olivier Sarkozy.

Nothing to see here

Chrissy Metz sets the record straight on engagement speculation

Chrissy Metz's much-discussed ring is not what it seems. 

The "This Is Us" star isn't engaged to her boyfriend Bradley Collins, despite being seen with a ring on her wedding-ring finger

Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock

"So we went crystal shopping for a friend and I also love crystals as well, but I was like, wait, this is a ring that he bought me for Christmas," she said on SiriusXM's "The Covino & Rich Show." 

In discussing the design of the ring, she said, "It's a honeycomb. I'm obsessed with bees. I love bees. I'm like, 'Who thought that this was an engagement ring, first of all?' And like, 'What?'"

Trying to shift the topic, the actress added, "Let's talk about some real stuff. Okay? About like what's going on in our country as opposed to a ring that I might be wearing. I'm like, 'Y'all, goodness!' Anyway, thanks for clearing it up. It's a honeycomb ring and I love it very much, but it's not an engagement ring."

Chrissy and Bradley went Instagram official last September but later confirmed they actually began dating in May 2020.

"Happy #nationalboyfriendday to my dreamboat!" she posted on Instagram after confirming their relationship. "Bradley, from the first moment I laid eyes on you I wanted and needed to know you. Now I feel so lucky to love you. You can #Collinsmesmitten for sure! Thank you for being the absolute wonder that you are, I love you."

Bradley has gushed about her too, calling her "my love" on her 40th birthday.

In his first post with Chrissy, he wrote, "You're not the best thing that's happened during quarantine; you're the best that's ever happened to me. I love you."

Settled

Mary-Kate Olsen and Olivier Sarkozy settle divorce

Following a nasty high-profile split, Mary-Kate Olsen and Olivier Sarkozy have finally reached a divorce settlement.

"As of this morning, we reached a final agreement," his lawyer told a judge during a video hearing on Jan. 13, according to Page Six.

Andrew H Walker/WWD/Shutterstock

Mary-Kate's attorney agreed that the former duo have come to terms.  

"Yes, your honor, that is correct, everything is resolved," her lawyer said. "We've been working very hard. We do have a settlement."

A New York judge is expected to receive details of the settlement next week. 

Sollazzo/WWD/REX/Shutterstock

The fashion mogul officially filed for divorce from her husband of less than five years in May 2020, but she had plans to split earlier. In fact, Mary-Kate tried filing for divorce in New York in mid-April, but she was informed that New York City courts would not accept divorce filings due to the Covid-19 pandemic unless that filing is an emergency — which she claimed it was. 

"This application is an emergency because my husband expects me to move out of our home on Monday, May 18, 2020, in the middle of New York City being on pause due to COVID-19," she said in her paperwork . "I am petrified that my husband is trying to deprive me of the home we have lived in and if he is successful, I will not only lose my home but I risk losing my personal property as well." 

She claimed that the only way to protect her property is through a divorce filing, which would trigger an automatic court order preventing him from disposing of her belongings. 

The court felt her argument for wanting a divorce was hardly an emergency and told her she had to wait until she could formally file. On the first day New York City courts were taking cases again, the "Full House" star filed divorce paperwork.

"It was clear my marriage was over," she said in the official documents. "The relationship has broken down irretrievably." 

Following the split, she rented a summer home in the Hamptons for $325,000.

Baby news

Nick Carter and wife expecting after 'multiple miscarriages'

There's another Backstreet baby on the way. 

On Jan. 13, Nick Carter announced that he and his wife, Lauren Kitt Carter, are expecting their third child — news that came as a surprise to them both. 

WireImage

"Sometimes life blesses you with little surprises," he posted on Instagram alongside an ultrasound. 

The couple shares son Odin, 4, and daughter Saoirse, 15 months.

In an interview with People magazine, the couple said they had doubts they would ever conceive naturally again, as they'd suffered "multiple miscarriages."

"I thought I had a tumor because there was just no way that I could be pregnant, from just my medical history and the things that I did to ensure that I just had my two children," Lauren told People of her pregnancy. "Even Nick, like a couple of weeks prior to that, was talking about possibly getting a surrogate, possibly having a third child. It was just something we were talking about."

Lauren was nearly six months along when she realized she was pregnant.

"I didn't have any symptoms, I didn't have anything indicating that I was pregnant," she said. "One day I just, I felt something move in my body and I said, 'Nick, there's something not right. I think I need to go to the doctor. Something's wrong with me.' I was not supposed to be able to have any more children, so I never assumed that I was pregnant."

She's due in April.

Booted

Report: Bruce Willis asked to leave store for refusing to wear mask

Bruce Willis was kicked out of a Los Angeles Rite Aid over the weekend after refusing to wear a face covering, new reports allege.

The claims seem to be backed by photos, which show Bruce, 65, inside the store maskless.

BACKGRID

A paparazzi agency said an employee at the pharmacy asked Bruce to cover his nose and mouth with a bandana hanging around his neck, but he "refused." Other customers at the store on Jan. 10 were also supposedly unhappy that Bruce didn't cover up. The New York Post reports the "Die Hard" actor walked out of the store without making a purchase and without ever pulling up a face covering.

Los Angeles, where the incident took place, is one of the biggest COVID-19 hotspots in the country. The virus is responsible for more than 10,000 deaths in the area. 

Since last spring, Bruce has been photographed multiple times wearing a mask while out and about — as has his family — so his refusal doesn't appear to be political. 

In the early days of the pandemic, the actor raised some eyebrows when he quarantined with ex-wife Demi Moore and their children at the family's home in Idaho. Eventually his wife and their young children joined them.

Doppleganger

Chuck Norris denies he was at Capitol riots after lookalike pic goes viral

A viral image from the Jan. 6 Capitol riots in Washington, D.C., has been circulating the Internet this week, and many people seem to think it shows Chuck Norris in attendance. There's just one thing: It's not him.

Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP/Shutterstock

"This is not Chuck Norris and is a wannabe lookalike although Chuck is much more handsome," his rep told the New York Post. "Chuck remains on his range in Texas where he has been with his family."

A photo shared on Jan. 11 shows a Trump supporter with the Chuck doppelgänger.

"Wait, so are we just not going to mention the fact that Chuck Norris was at the MAGA insurrection?" a viral post questions.

Many people were actually fooled into thinking it was the "Walker, Texas Ranger" star. 

"It appears to really be Chuck Norris!" one person wrote. Another said, "Sorry. Looks exactly like the guy in the photo."

Other online commenters who clearly believe it was, in fact, Chuck said they were going to boycott the products he endorses. The multitude of others, though, weren't fooled by the lookalike.

"This man is not Chuck Norris," one person plainly said. Several people noted that the man in question has brown eyes, while Chuck has green eyes.

One man tried to definitively put the confusion to rest, running the images through computer facial recognition software. 

"Facial Recognition puts it at 85%, which is a computers way of saying, yeah it kind of looks like him, but not really…," the man said. "Personally, I'm 85% sure its not him."