Morgan Wallen is still persona non grata at many radio stations in the country, despite his lengthy apology.
The country singer was essentially blacklisted from the airwaves immediately after being caught on video dropping the n-word last week.
According to TMZ, Entercom — which owns 235 radio stations, 20 of which are country music stations — has no plans to reinstate Morgan's music to their playlists, despite his current LP, "Dangerous: The Double Album," sitting atop the all-genre Billboard 200 chart. Similarly, Emmis Communications said its popular country music station in Indianapolis has no plans to bring Morgan back into its song rotation for the time being.
On Feb. 10, a week after the video was leaked, Morgan apologized for his behavior, which he said came "on hour 72 of 72 of a bender, and that's not something I'm proud of." He added, "I let so many people down."
Over the past week, the chart-toping singer has been sober and met with Black organizations to discuss his words.
"I'll admit to y'all I was pretty nervous to accept those invitations from the very people I hurt, and they had every right to step on my neck while I was down, to not show me any grace, but they did the exact opposite," he said. "They offered me grace and they also paired that with an offer to learn and to grow. And I'll be honest, that kindness really inspired me to dig deeper… This week, I heard first-hand some personal stories from Black people that honestly shook me. And I know what I'm going through this week doesn't even compare to some of the trials I heard about from them. I came away from those discussions with a deep appreciation for them and a clearer understanding of the weight of my words."
At the end of his video, he asked that his fans not defend him for his actions.
"I was wrong. It's on me to take ownership for this and I fully accept any penalties I'm facing," he said. "The time of my return is solely upon me and the work I put in."