The incest case against Ricky Martin has been dropped after his accuser — the singer's nephew — withdrew his claim.
Earlier this month, Ricky's 21-year-old nephew obtained a restraining order against the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer. The nephew claimed he and Ricky had a seven-month sexual affair and argued that the crooner stalked and harassed him after it ended.
Ricky and his team strongly denied all the allegations, insisting the two never had a sexual relationship. In addition, Ricky's team said the family member suffered from mental issues.
On Thursday, July 21, a judge dismissed the temporary restraining order after the nephew dropped his claim just minutes into the hearing, TMZ reported.
"Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the court. The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure," Ricky's team told TMZ. "And the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter."
"The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case," the statement continued. "This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them. We are glad that our client saw justice done and can now move forward with his life and his career."
Ricky reportedly attended the hearing via Zoom, but never addressed the court.