Alessio Botticelli / Getty Images North America 1 / 3
Alessio Botticelli / Getty Images North America 1 / 3

A new report is suggesting that Kanye West was recently hospitalized as a result of taking the wrong dosage of his medications.

According to TMZ, Kanye has been taking medications to help him deal with mental health issues. The site reports that he "deviated from the prescribed dosage ... and that's what led to the downward spiral and eventual mental breakdown."

Kanye was hospitalized at UCLA Medical Center for exhaustion and behaving "erratically" on Nov. 21 after canceling the remaining U.S. dates of his Saint Pablo tour. On Nov. 30, he was released from the hospital.

On the day of his release, it was reported that he and his wife Kim Kardashian West had been fighting a lot before his alleged breakdown. "He would be up all night ranting about things," a friend of Kanye's told Us Weekly of his workaholic mentality. "They were fighting because he was impossible to live with."

TMZ further reported that the stress of Kim's Paris robbery incident contributed to him taking the wrong amount of meds. In October 2016, Kim was bound, gagged and held at gunpoint by robbers who stole approximately $10 million worth of her jewelry.

"He's been shaken up ever since the robbery in Paris," an insider told Us Weekly. "It did a number on him as much as Kim. The mere thought that anything could happen to her sent him in a tailspin. He wasn't sleeping and he was having nightmares about it."

Kim was said to be Kanye's rock during this difficult time, but the two are now living separately as Kanye receives outpatient care.

"Kanye isn't at home with Kim and the kids," People mag reported on Dec. 2. "He is instead receiving outpatient care elsewhere with a medical team. Kim still seems concerned but is supportive. They don't know for how long Kanye will need outpatient care."

As for Kim's reality show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," it has not stopped filming.

"There have been some reports that we halted production. We did stop for a little bit, briefly, after the Paris incident, but since then we've been back in full production," Ryan Seacrest told People magazine at Jingle Ball on Dec. 2. "We're shooting season 13."