We've seen many ladies come and go over the last 10 seasons (Quinn Fry or Peggy Tanous, anyone?), but "The Real Housewives of Orange County" soldiers on and continues to add new Southern California housewives to the fold. The latest newbie? Kelly Meza-Dodd from Corona Del Mar, California.
Kelly was welcomed into the group via last year's newbie, Meghan King Edmonds, and is pretty much promised to deliver just as much drama now that she's joined the hit Bravo show's Season 11 cast.
So what do we know about the OC's newest reality star? After a little investigating, here's what we uncovered about Kelly.
1. Kelly, 40, is married to Michael Dodd, a former toy executive who worked for LeapFrog Enterprises Inc.
The two have one child together, daughter Jolie.
2. She's not just a housewife! Like OC OG Vicki Gunvalson, Kelly is a working woman: She's the COO of Newport Beach-based company Kiss Me Mirrors.
3. Kelly was supposed to join the show a long time ago! The new reality star told People magazine at the premiere party, "I was approached three years ago for the show" but "it wasn't a good time."
Her pal Meghan convinced her to take the leap, assuring her "last year was a blast." That helped Kelly make up her mind. "They approached me again," she said, "and I was like, 'Let's do it. What do I have to lose?'"
4. She's no stranger to drama! Kelly already got herself in some pretty hot water via an incriminating TMZ video. While very visibly drunk, Kelly professed, "I don't like black guys. I don't even know any black guys," to the cameraman. The video also included Kelly discounting her marriage, calling herself "married but available."
5. But she's willing to apologize! Shortly after that video surfaced, Kelly put out a statement: "I am truly embarrassed. There is no excuse for bad behavior or comments that offend anyone. That video does not represent who I really am and I apologize for acting irresponsibly." She also took to Twitter to defend herself, explaining, "This is so stupid... of course, I'm not racist. I repeated the question they asked me and they asked me if I date black guys and I said I don't know any black guys. I'm sick of people pulling the race card!! I'm Mexican and I don't pull that crap!"
6. She's already in tight with Vicki! In order to stick around on "The Real Housewives of Orange County," it's important to get in good with the original franchise member. Kelly seems to have already done just that, since the two are already spending holidays together!
Kelly Instagrammed this snap of herself and Vicki at Vicki's annual Memorial Day barbecue back in May.
7. One of the most dramatic moments of the season is going to be the scary ATV accident that sent Tamra Judge and Vicki to the hospital. Kelly shared a sneak peek of the dangerous altercation on Instagram -- the moment when Vicki's helmet flew off and hit her in the face.
Gnarly is right, Kelly!
We can't wait to continue watching Season 11 and either passionately love -- or passionately hate -- Kelly Dodd!
- Jan. 16, 2017 Mariah Carey and Elton John snag $4.2M for wedding gig