Masking it

Gym responds to Schwarzenegger's decision to leave over mask policy

Gold's Gym supports Arnold Schwarzenegger's recent decision to leave one of its fitness facilities over its mask policy, calling it an "important personal decision." The gym, however, says it stands by its decision not to require guests to wear face masks amid the coronavirus pandemic, although mask-wearing is "strongly" encouraged.

BabiradPicture/Shutterstock

In a statement to Wonderwall.com, Gold's Gym President & CEO Adam Zeitsiff said, "We love Arnold and completely respect his decision. We know that where to go and what to do as the country reopens is an important personal decision that everyone must make for themselves."

"For the safety of our members and team members who are comfortable returning to the gym, we've implemented a comprehensive, phased reopening plan with extensive sanitation, safety and physical distancing protocols in accordance with federal, state and local regulations. In accordance with Los Angeles County guidelines, at Gold's Gym Venice members are required to wear face masks when entering and exiting the gym," the statement continued. "All team members are required to wear gloves and face masks as part of these protocols, and while we don't require for members to wear face masks during their workout, we absolutely strongly encourage it."

For years, Arnold, 72, has worked out at Gold's Gym in Venice, California, which is arguably the most famous gym in the world, particularly given the number of professional bodybuilders that work out there. 

Broadimage/Shutterstock

On June 16, TMZ reported that the "Terminator" star went to the Venice Gold's for a morning workout on one of the first days that gyms were able to reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic

While Arnold was wearing a mask upon entering, he noticed that several gym members were not wearing masks amid their workouts. Front desk staff informed Arnold that people were required to wear masks when they entered and when they were in certain common areas, but the law doesn't require them to wear masks when they're actually working out. 

Following the front desk's explanation, Arnold quickly left. 

The former California governor "will stay clear of Gold's until people start wearing masks on the floor — or when there's a vaccine," TMZ reported.

Game off

Cody Simpson's Olympic dream ends … this year

Cody Simpson's aspirations to compete in the Tokyo Olympics have come to an end.

Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock

The Australian singer had been attempting to qualify for the postponed 2020 games in swimming. On June 17, his hopes came crashing down at the Australian Olympic Swimming Trials when he missed the mark by 1.14 seconds. 

After it was over, Cody reflected on his experience and vowed to try to swim for Australia at the 2024 Games in Paris.

"What an experience racing at my first Australian Olympic Trials," he wrote on Instagram. "To make a final was our goal this year and with less than a year of training we did just that. I've come so much further than I expected to this year and to be racing the best in the country already is a privilege."

He also thanked former Aussie Olympian Brett Hawke and his training partner for pushing him.

"I'm so psyched to get back to training," he said. "See you in 3 years.."

Throughout his training, Cody often documented his progress. 

"Just achieved my 2 goals for this year at once! An Olympic trials final and a 52. 100m fly swim," he wrote on Instagram on June 16.

His journey was also documented in the Amazon Prime. documentary "Head Above Water."

Housewives accusations

Kelly Dodd blames Braunwyn Windham-Burke for 'Housewives' axing

Kelly Dodd has found a scapegoat for her "The Real Housewives of Orange County" exit: Braunwyn Windham-Burke.

On June 17, just two days after the massive "Housewives" cast shakeup was announced, Kelly posted a text conversation she had with Braunwyn. In it, Kelly squarely says Braunwyn is the sole reason she's off the show.

Broadimage/Shutterstock

Braunwyn appears to have started the conversation, telling Kelly, "I hope you're okay, I know we've been through hell and back but I'm here."

Kelly, however, was less diplomatic.

"This was your fault. We'd still be on the show if you didn't make things so dark and ugly and brought all that political 'woke' BS,'" Kelly wrote. "Your lies about me, calling me a racist and a homophobe were horribly destructive and your phony storylines didn't help either."

Braunwyn, the first gay "Housewives" star, appeared to take the high road, reiterating that she's available to talk if Kelly ever wanted to reach out. Kelly, though, seems to want no part of an open dialogue.

"I can't believe this Braunwyn has the audacity to text me !!" Kelly wrote on Instagram alongside a slew of accusations. She also called her former "Housewives" costar a "nut job classic narcissist!"

For her part, Braunwyn confirmed to Page Six that the messages were authentic, but said they were also edited.

"Only Kelly Dodd would post screenshots of her own texts that make her look wildly immature," Braunwyn said. "I guess that's what being bitter is like, and I tried to empathize with her, as you can see. I'm a big believer in growing and changing, and second chances (or in this case 10th or 11th chance). At the end of the day, it's just a tv show and we are still neighbors."

Gregory Pace/Shutterstock

To be fair, Kelly's future on the show has long been in question. Last February reports said Kelly (and other cast mates) was set to be fired. Shortly before that, she also threatened to leave the show if Braunwyn were to return.

A source close to the "Housewives" told Page Six on Thursday that Kelly only needs to look in the mirror when figuring out where things went wrong.

"Kelly should take accountability for herself being fired instead of pointing fingers at everyone else," the insider claimed.

Marriage issues

Tori Spelling confirms marital strife with Dean McDermott

Tori Spelling is not living in a state of marital bliss with her husband, Dean McDermott — in fact, the couple is sleeping in separate bedrooms.

Getty Images

The former "Beverly Hills, 90210" star spoke about the rough patch on SiriusXM's "Jeff Lewis Live" on June 16 after he brought up paparazzi images from March that showed her without a wedding ring.

"What is really going on? You put the wedding ring on. Are things OK?" he wondered. "Because I feel like the last time you were here things were good, you were having sex. Are you guys sleeping in the same bed? Personal?"

Tori answered honestly.

"Right now, my kids and dogs sleep in my bed," she said while noting that Dean sleeps "in a room."

WireImage

The actress said that four of their five children have been sleeping in her room for months.

"Since he left — this is not good, you guys — but since he left [and] he was gone for six months filming in another country, they all stayed with me," she said. "So I currently still have four in the bedroom with me who have yet to go back to their rooms, yes."

The confirmation of marital strife comes a few months after divorce speculation hung over their marriage, largely due to the missing wedding band.

Kiss and tell

Padma Lakshmi reveals new romance with handsome author: See the kissing photo

Seems like Padma Lakshmi is writing her own love story. 

THB / BACKGRID

Earlier this week, paparazzi photographed the "Top Chef" host kissing a man in New York City as she walked her dog. At the time, the man's identity was a mystery, but on June 16, Page Six revealed that the lucky suitor is famed writer and poet Terrance Hayes.

RELATED: Padma Lakshmi kisses new man in NYC plus more celebrity love life updates this week

"It's early days," a source told the New York Post's gossip site. "They're just getting to know each other."

Kristina Bumphrey/StarPix/REX/Shutterstock

Like Padma, 50, Terrance has a rather impressive resume, having won the National Book Award in 2010 for his book of poems titled "Lighthead." He's also been a finalist twice since then. Page Six notes that Terrance, 49, also received a MacArthur fellowship in 2014 as well as a Guggenheim fellowship.

RELATED: Celebrity splits of 2021

The new romance comes on heels of the the model's 12-year on-again, off-again relationship with venture capitalist Adam Dell. They share 11-year-old daughter Krishna Thea.

Brad Barket/Invision/AP/Shutterstock

"Adam and Padma broke up shortly after the new year; it was very amicable," a source said as the new images surfaced. "They are intent on staying the best of friends and remain like family."

Padma and Adam, the source continued, "are still very close and are committed to co-parenting their daughter, Krishna, who has always been their first priority."

Orange return

Heather Dubrow's family had to talk her into 'Housewives' return

Although many have thought Heather Dubrow's chances of returning to "The Real Housewives of Orange County" was once a fruitless endeavor, she's back — and her family is juiced about it!

Rob Latour/Variety/Shutterstock

While discussing the return to Bravo on her "Heather Dubrow's World" podcast, the 52-year-old said she thought producers were joking when they first approached her.  

"Well, what was funny was — so, production called me, like, I don't know, December or something like that, and I laughed," she told Andy Cohen on the podcast. "My first reaction was like, I kind of laughed. And then I thought about it."

Truthfully, Heather was unsure if she even wanted to go back to the show that made her famous, a show she starred on from 2012-2016. When Heather left, she cited the culture as a reason for the exit. However, much has changed since then, as it's been announced that Elizabeth Lyn Vargas, Braunwyn Windham-Burke and Heather's nemesis Kelly Dodd will not be returning.

Still, she knew that rejoining the show would also put the spotlight on her family. 

"When I sort of came to the realization that, 'Wait a minute. This might be like that space-time continuum moment where it's, like, a good idea to go back,' we sat down and had a family meeting about it. We had a serious talk about it," she said. 

Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock

Her family — "Botched" star Terry Dubrow, and their four kids — was fully on board.

"I was negative," she said. "I was like, 'Guys, you're on social media now. You do this. You do that. People will comment,' and they were cool."

Weight watcher

Ciara shows of 39 pound weight loss: 'I'm so proud of myself'

Ciara is back!

This week, the singer revealed that she's back to her pre-baby weight, having lost nearly 40 pounds with the help of Weight Watchers, for which she's an ambassador. 

"Goodbye to those last 10lbs I've been working on these past 5 weeks, Hello to me-pre baby weight! I'm so proud of myself– down 39 pounds on my @ww journey!" she captioned an Instagram image on June 15. "Thank you to everyone for your support, we did it! If you believe in yourself and set goals, it's all possible! Go for it! Go get it!"

ABC/Shutterstock

Last September — two months after welcoming son Win — Ciara announced that she'd joined Weight Watchers.

"Ready to level up up my plans post baby and beyond! Leading a healthier lifestyle has always been a long term goal of mine. With my growing family and career I'm more focused on living a balanced life," she said at the time. "The program is realistic for my goals and I'm having fun with the app! I've seen the impact it's had on family and friends and I'm excited for the journey ahead. I naturally lost 15lbs post baby and after starting the WW program, changing my eating, and working out, I've now lost the 5lbs I wanted. I'm ready to go after the rest I want to lose! Let's go!!!"

Around the new year, the "1, 2 Step" singer said she wanted to lose 20 pounds, but wasn't in any rush. 

"Let's go after all we want this year!" she said.

Fire

'Girls Gone Wild' creator's Mexican estate in rubble after inferno

The famed Mexican estate of "Girls Gone Wild" creator Joe Francis caught fire late Tuesday night and is partially in rubble.

Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock

Dubbed Casa Aramara, a gaggle of top celebrities have stayed there over the years, including Jennifer Aniston, Eva Longoria, Demi Moore, Orlando Bloom and the Kardashians. Mario Lopez and his wife, Courtney Mazza, even got married there in 2013.

TMZ, which shared photos of the inferno, said Joe wasn't in town when the blaze stated on June 15, but notes that the home had been rented. About 20 people and 20 staff members were on site when flames broke out. 

It's not yet known what started the fire, which reduced the main house to rubble. Three other smaller homes are still intact. 

The oceanside estate in Punta Mita, Mexico, is a celebrity magnet and has been featured on several reality TV shows.

"Casa Aramara is heaven on Earth! I have traveled the world but never been to a place where I feel so at home!," Kim Kardashian wrote in the estate's guestbook. "I have stayed at Casa Aramara for weeks at a time and always feel so relaxed and entertained."

Kourtney Kardashian said, "Casa Aramara is really is my favorite place to visit in the entire world."

Lance Bass said he and his husband, Michael Turchin, fell in love there. 

'Housewives' star wants criminal case tossed because of 'dry' contacts

"The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City" star Jen Shah is accusing authorities of "trickery" in her arrest earlier this year, and she claims that "dry" contact lenses caused her to involuntarily waive her Miranda rights. 

Jen is asking a judge to toss her case, in which she's been charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud in connection with a telemarketing scheme.

Chad Kirkland/Bravo

Page Six obtained court papers wherein the reality TV star argues that her indictment was "bare-bones" and a "flawed theory of criminality." She also says poor eyesight resulted in her accidentally waiving her Miranda rights.

"My contact lenses, which were in my eyes, were dry, and I did not have my reading glasses, so my vision was blurry and I was unable to read the paper in front of me," she said. In the new legal documents, her lawyers claim Jen signed the papers "as a direct result of law enforcement deception and trickery calculated to overpower her will."

Last April, an indictment out of the Southern District of New York claimed that Jen and her assistant, Stuart Smith, ripped off hundreds of victims across the country, mainly elderly people, by encouraging them to invest in online projects and selling them phony business services for years. They are alleged to have complied lists of "leads," who were people previously exploited. They then allegedly shared those victims' names with co-conspirators who could exploit the "leads" again. Jen and Stuart would then supposedly take a cut. 

The Homeland Security Investigations Agency said in a statement that Jen and Stuart "built their opulent lifestyle at the expense of vulnerable, often elderly, working-class people."

Rick Bowmer/AP/Shutterstock

 If convicted, Jen and Stuart could face 30 years in prison.

Jen, though, argues there are "multiple flaws in the theory of this case [and] the investigation." In fact, she says she was confused about the arrest and thought authorities were speaking with her about a 2017 case when she was a victim of theft and assault.

"I was at this point very confused and emotionally off-balance from the strange series of events, and thought I might have been the victim of a false identification," she said, further alleging that officers weren't forthright during the arrest and didn't tell her she was being recorded.

"I did not know the purpose of the conversation or what, if anything, I was being charged with until close to the end of the 1 hour, 20-minute interrogation, shortly after Det. Bastos said, 'I want to conclude,'" she claimed in the affidavit.

Bravo

The officer, the docs claim, implied he wanted to help Jen. However, they say the cop had ulterior motives. "He well knew that he would be taking Ms. Shah to a magistrate judge that day based on her having been indicted in New York," the paperwork says. "To be sure, he desperately did want to talk with her — but he did not just want to do so."

Jen has pleaded not guilty and is free on bond. 

Page Six notes that Jen's lawyers are asking a judge to bar the statements she made after waiving her Miranda rights from being used against her at trial if the case isn't dismissed.

Game on!

Heidi Klum supports German soccer team in very, very revealing fashion

Germany's chances in the Euro Cup soccer tournament are very much like Heidi Klum's game-day outfit: barely hanging on.

Heidi Klum had a vested interest in sports on Tuesday, but thanks to her incredibly revealing sporty look, the Internet was the real winner.

On June 15, Heidi's beloved German team took on France in the Euro Cup. Before the game began, the "America's Got Talent" judge shared an image of herself wearing nothing more than bikini bottoms and a cutoff German soccer jersey that barely (and we do mean barely) concealed her breasts.

RELATED: Celebs at the beach and in bikinis in 2021

"Good luck today Germany," the supermodel captioned the risqué image that flaunted her enviable body.

Broadimage/Shutterstock

Heidi disabled the ability for her 8.1 million Instagram followers to comment, which only added intrigue to the eye-popping snap.

The 48-year-old, though, covered up a little more while actually watching the game, as she posted several photos and videos to her Instagram Story, all of which show her wearing short shorts and a bikini top under her "half jersey."

RELATED: Celebrity bikini bodies at every age

Heidi's husband, Tom Kaulitz of German rock band Tokio Hotel, also donned a Deutschland soccer jersey while rooting alongside his wife.

In the end, Germany didn't score a win, which really hurts its chances in the insanely popular tournament. On the bright side, Heidi seemingly scored a goal… a body goal!