WENN 1 / 9

For about 24 hours on May 15 and 16, Sinead O'Connor was missing. Almost immediately reports surfaced that she was suicidal.

While in most cases, that is an obvious rush to judgment, but in Sinead's case, it's unfortunately not out of the realm of possibility.

Since breaking onto the scene in 1990 with her smash "Nothing Compares 2 U," Sinead's life has been shocking and tragic. Really, the term "roller coaster" doesn't sum up her life, as it's been hit with mostly low moments and attempted suicides.

Take a look at an overview of her tumultuous life below...

1990: Sinead is given four Grammy nominations and she even wins one for best alternative performance. She boycotts the show. When asked why, she maintained that her reasoning stemmed from the award show's "extreme commercialization."

October 1992: Without a doubt, her most infamous moment. While performing on "Saturday Night Live," Sinead tore up a photo of Pope John Paul II without telling producers after singing Bob Marley's "War." The reason: she was was angry about child abuse scandals within the Catholic Church. This is long before the public was aware of the Catholic Church's role in covering up child abuse, and the incident ignited a firestorm.

2007: During an interview with Oprah, Sinead claims that she tried to kill herself on her 33rd birthday in 1999. Four years later, she was diagnosed as bipolar.

Dec. 8, 2011: The singer gets married to Barry Herridge during a quickie ceremony in Las Vegas. After the ceremony, Sinead told The Sun she went on a hunt for marijuana. "We ended up in a cab in some place that was quite dangerous. I wasn't scared - but he's a drugs counselor. What was I thinking?" From there, things continued to go downhill. "I was handed a load of crack," Sinead was quoted as saying. "Barry was very frightened - that kind of messed everything up a bit, really." The marriage lasted 18 days.

January 2012: Sinead attempts suicide in Los Angeles. "I took an overdose," she said a few days after not one, but two suicide attempts. "God obviously wants me around, though I can't think why." Shortly after, she was treated for depression.

April 2012: She cancels a tour due to her bipolar disorder. "As you all know I had a very serious breakdown between December and March and I had been advised by my doctor not to go on tour but didn't want to 'fail' or let anyone down as the tour was already booked to coincide with album release," she said. "So very stupidly I ignored his advice to my great detriment, attempting to be stronger than I actually am."

Fall 2013: Sinead threatens to sue Miley Cyrus. This all started with Sinead published an "open letter" chastising Miley for her hyper-sexual persona and warning her not to "prostitute" herself. Miley replied by comparing the Irish singer to actress Amanda Bynes, who was seeking psychiatric treatment at the time.

January 2014: Sinead is hospitalized with a mystery illness. It turned out to be kidney stones. After undergoing tests, she blamed her ill health on "a physical reaction to an emotional trauma."

December 2015: Sinead writes a suicide note in which she says she intentionally overdosed on pills. "The last two nights have finished me off. I have taken an overdose," she wrote. "There is no other way to get respect. I am not at home, I'm at a hotel, somewhere in Ireland, under another name. There is only so much a woman can be expected to bear. After everything I've been put through, and been forced to go through alone, they wouldn't know if I was dead until weeks from now." Just a few days later after being found alive, she was hospitalized. She then begged her children to visit her in the hospital, children whom she had previously said were "dead to me."

May 5, 2016: Sinead is sued by comedian Arsenio Hall for $5 million dollars for defamation. Sinead had previously said that late singer Prince was a "longtime hard drug user" and claimed that Arsenio was his drug supplier.

May 15, 2016: Chicago police issue an alert deeming Sinead "missing, suicidal" after she took off on a motorized Raleigh-brand bicycle and didn't return. Around the same time, she posted strange, convoluted messages on social media. On May 16, she was found safe.