Fan criticism

Snoop Dogg criticized for working with Kanye West

Snoop Dogg is being dubbed a "hypocrite" for working with Kanye West after once calling the "Jesus Is King" rapper "brainwashed" by conservative politics.

On Saturday, a tweet from a Kanye fan site showed Snoop, Dr. Dre and Kanye all together in the recording studio. In the video, Snoop even praises Kanye's music, calling it "hot." 

The studio session came just two years after Snoop slammed Kanye for his support of Donald Trump. Many of Snoop's fans haven't forgotten the harsh words he levied at Kanye.

"He's the biggest hypocrite," one fan wrote of Snoop, per Page Six. "He was talking all bad about Kanye when he was wearing MAGA hats now he's in the Stu with him? Lame as hell."

Another added, "Uncle Snoop izza Hypocrite. He's going against his words now. I thought he hated Ye."

Another Instagram user called Snoop a "clown."

WireImage

Back in 2018, Snoop didn't hide his disgust for Kanye's political positions, telling DJ Suss One in an interview that Kanye was a racist for supporting Trump.

He later said he never "hated" Kanye, but felt the Grammy winner was being "brainwashed" and "used."

"It's not me being mad at him, it's me being mad at the system for using him, and he not having the smart people around him to see that," Snoop told 97.9 The Box.

WireImage for J Records

The "Dogg Pound" rapper has been quite vocal about politics of late and even said he plans to vote this November for the first time ever

"I ain't never voted a day in my life, but this year I think I'm going to get out and vote because I can't stand to see this punk in office one more year," Snoop said in a chat with Big Boy's Neighborhood on Real 92.3 in early June. 

"For many years it had me brainwashed thinking that you couldn't vote because you had a criminal record," Snoop continued, referencing his gun and drug convictions from the early '90s.

Now, Snoop said his record has been expunged so he "definitely" plans on voting.

"We got to make a difference. I can't talk about it and not be about it," he said. "I can't tell you to do it then you don't go do it. Everybody know I'm a front-liner. I ain't gonna tell you to do something I didn't do. If I tell you do something, I've done it already."

Great news!

David Cross gives update on Bob Odenkirk's condition after collapse

Just days after collapsing on the set of "Better Call Saul," Bob Odenkirk is back to his jovial self, according to one of his close pals.

On July 30, comedian David Cross tweeted, "Just got off the phone with Bob and he's doing great! Joking and japing and joshing."

Gary Gershoff/WireImage

It's believed that the the actor is still at a New Mexico hospital.

"Both he and his family are overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and concern everyone has shown," David said of his friend. "You will be hearing from him soon. But he's doing really well!!!"

Just two days earlier things seemed to be going in the right direction when David also tweeted simply, "Bob won."

Things were scary earlier this week when the actor was rushed to the hospital after collapsing on the set of the show

The frightening July 27 incident was reportedly "heart related." 

For a full 24 hours, little was publicly known about the actor's condition. On July 28, TMZ claimed "it did not look good" in the early goings, even saying it was "touch and go." Eventually, Bob's condition improved. 

Bob's rep also issued a statement once he was said to be out of the woods. 

"Bob and his family would like to express gratitude for the incredible doctors and nurses looking after him, as well as his cast, crew and producers who have stayed by his side," the statement said. "The Odenkirks would also like to thank everyone for the outpouring of well wishes and ask for their privacy at this time as Bob works on his recovery."

Transphobic remarks

Kelly Dodd apologizes for transphobic remarks in Cameo video

Stop us if you heard this before: Kelly Dodd is apologizing after some controversial remarks.

The former "Real Housewives of Orange County" star came under fire this week after making some transphobic remarks during a Cameo video.

Broadimage/Shutterstock

"This is Jennifer 'she/her.' I don't get this," Kelly said in the Cameo video. "You're either a boy or a girl, OK? You're born a girl or a boy. I don't get it. You're Jennifer. I'm sorry."

Elsewhere in the video, Kelly, 45, was also demeaning to her own daughter, referring to her as "lazy."

After the video began ruffling the Internet's feathers, Kelly took to Instagram to apologize and defend her stance, saying she's "not transphobic" but rather "unfamiliar with the language."

"Here's the thing, I've been doing Cameos now for two years and I never saw the pronoun thing before. This was the first time I saw a reference of he/him/she/they/them," she said. "I grew up, I grew up in Arizona with people [who] were born a boy and a girl and maybe a hermaphrodite here and there. But that's how I grew up. I grew up that way and so did everybody in my era. That's what I'm used to."

She continued, "When I was reading the Cameo I saw the pronouns and we'd been drinking and I was just reacting in my own raw and unfiltered way. I want to be very, very clear about this. That I accept everyone for who they are. I accept everyone for who they want to be and who they believe themselves to be and I don't hate on anyone. I'm not transphobic. I was just unfamiliar with the language."

Gregory Pace/Shutterstock

"In the same way people want me to be tolerant of them, I only ask you to be tolerant of me," she said. "I do have very strong opinions and you may not agree with them in the same way that I might not agree with your opinions… If you want me to be tolerant, then you also have to be tolerant of me. That's only fair. I'm learning and I'm growing and maybe you can help me with this." 

Over the past year, Kelly has been ripped multiple times for her thoughts, particularly in regard to the COVID-19 pandemic. At one point last year, she called the coronavirus "God's way of thinning out the herd." She also seemed apathetic to lives lost due to COVID a few days later. In the summer, many felt she was mocking the Black Lives Matter protests, as well.

In January 2021, she blamed her social media blunders on "cancel culture."

Lawsuit jokes

Dave Bautista jokes about Scarlett Johansson's Disney lawsuit

Scarlett Johansson's beef with Disney might not have ever happened if executives would have just listened to Dave Bautista, the actor joked.

On July 30, Dave shared a link about ScarJo's lawsuit over the release of her film "Black Widow." He then added, "Told em they should've made a #Drax movie but noooooo!"

Like ScarJo, Dave is a part of the Marvel Universe, as he plays Drax the Destroyer in the "Guardians of the Galaxy" films. He's also been in "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Endgame." While his tweet was certainly meant in jest, he has pleaded for a Drax-based film before.

In a previous chat with MTV UK, he said, "Even if it's not me portraying Drax, I just think it is an interesting story to tell."

MediaPunch/Shutterstock

ScarJo's issues with Disney are less about storyline and centered solely on money. On July 29, the actress filed a lawsuit against the Mouse House, alleges it breached her contract by releasing "Black Widow" on its streaming service, Disney+. 

The film was actually simultaneously released in theaters and on the service.

According to her filing, Scarlett agreed that her salary for the film would be primarily based on the film's box office haul, and since it was available for streaming, it kept many people out of the theaters, thus affecting the box office numbers. 

"To maximize these receipts, and thereby protect her financial interests, Ms. Johansson extracted a promise from Marvel that the release of the picture would be a 'theatrical release,'" the suit claimed. "As Ms. Johansson, Disney, Marvel, and most everyone else in Hollywood knows, a 'theatrical release' is a release that is exclusive to movie theatres. Disney was well aware of this promise, but nonetheless directed Marvel to violate its pledge and instead release the picture on the Disney+ streaming service the very same day it was released in movie theatres." 

David Fisher/Shutterstock

Scarlett alleges she tried to renegotiate her deal once Disney made the decision to stream the film but she heard nothing back.

Disney later fired back. "The lawsuit is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic," Disney said in a statement. "Disney has fully complied with Ms. Johansson's contract and furthermore, the release of Black Widow on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20M she has received to date."

According to box office numbers, "Black Widow" grossed nearly $160 million at the domestic and overseas box offices. The film made $60 million from streaming on its first weekend.

Medical issue

Ali Fedotowsky diagnosed with shingles

Former "Bachelorette" Ali Fedotowsky has made a personal health reveal on Instagram: she's been diagnosed with shingles.

AFF-USA/Shutterstock

The reality TV star admitted to hiding her face on social media since the diagnosis.

"I don't really know why I wanted to hide it. I think it's mostly because I didn't want the added stress or pressure of the Internet while I was trying to rest and heal," Ali, 36, wrote. "In fact, stress is likely the reason I got #shingles. I'm sharing now because I hope my story will help others detect it early. I didn't even think it was possible to get it at my age."

Shingles, a painful neurological condition, is fairly uncommon for someone of Ali's age. It's typically associated with seniors.

Ali, who was Season 6's "Bachelorette," said she first felt off when her forehead felt "itchy & tingly." After consulting with her doctor via FaceTime, Ali found out the cause of the discomfort.

"I am soooo grateful that she diagnosed me early and got me on the proper medication," she wrote. "So early that it was a day before I even had a tiny little pimple-like spot on my face which I wouldn't have thought twice about & days before I had multiple spots that ended up causing swelling and blurred vision in my eye." 

She continued, "So needless to say, I'm trying to limit the stress in my life and hoping my vision clears up. Today the swelling is down a lot so I'm grateful for that!"

Conservatorship battle

Britney Spears' doctors want dad removed from conservatorship: Report

Britney Spears' father, Jamie Spears, is losing supporters at a rapid pace, including the pop star's personal conservator and a team of medical professionals.

On July 29, Jodi Montgomery, Brit's personal conservator, filed legal documents asking the court to remove Jamie as conservator of Britney's business affairs and estate, claiming the singer's doctors are urging for his ousting.

Rob Latour/Shutterstock

Jodi, according to TMZ, argued that it would be in Britney's best interest to have Jamie removed. The development could have huge ramifications. "If her medical doctors and therapists think Jamie's presence is tormenting Britney, that is probably enough for the judge to boot him from the conservatorship," the report said.

Like Britney, Jodi believes that Jason Rubin should be put in charge of the estate, as he's a CPA with credentials who is unrelated to the "Toxic" singer. For Britney, it seems that she wants someone impartial to run her estate, at least for the time being, as she's railed against her family for months. She's called for her father to be thrown in jail for "conservatorship abuse" and said her entire family has done "nothing" to support her.

Stewart Cook/Shutterstock

Since her bombshell testimony last month, Britney has been on the offensive in her bid to end the conservatorship that's run her life for the past 13 years. On July 14, a judge allowed her to hire her own lawyer, Mathew Rosengart, in her quest. Mathew has since officially filed paperwork asking a judge to remove Jamie.

Britney and her new attorney argued that Jamie has essentially terrorized the pop star over the course of the conservatorship. The documents say that father and daughter have a "venomous" relationship that's "traumatizing, insane and depressing."

"It impairs Ms. Spears's mental health, her well-being, and her ability to pursue and continue with her extraordinary career," the docs allege, while also claiming Jamie is ill-equipped to even handle Britney's business affairs. 

Co-star fight

Alyssa Milano reveals why she doesn't speak to former 'Charmed' co-star

There's a rift among the Halliwell sisters.

Alyssa Milano is slightly opening up about her strained relationship with her "Charmed" co-star Rose McGowan. The women are no longer on speaking terms, and haven't been for a while. 

Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock

While on TikTok this week, Alyssa answered some of the "most frequently asked questions" about her career. After saying that Phoebe Halliwell from "Charmed" was one of her favorite characters, Alyssa was asked if she still speaks to her co-stars, including Rose, Holly Marie Combs and Shannen Doherty.

"I speak to Holly," she responded. 

The WB/REX/Shutterstock

A fan then pestered, "Care to explain why you don't talk to Rose?? Of course not!!"

Unflinchingly, Alyssa wrote back, "Because she's been publicly very hurtful to me and my family. Simple as that. Love her always though. I hope she heals and finds solace."

The spat between the women isn't exactly news, as they've publicly feuded in the past. TooFab points out that the women had it out for each other on Twitter in 2020 over politics. Rose then accused Alyssa of profiting off the #MeToo movement — which Rose called "my movement" —and of creating a "toxic" environment on "Charmed."

"You co-opted my movement, the Cultural Reset, for fame, jealous of me for outing my rapist," Rose tweeted. "You made 250k per week on 'Charmed.' You threw a fit in front of the crew, yelling, 'They don't pay me enough to do this s—!"

David Fisher/Shutterstock

She added, "Appalling behavior on the daily. I cried every time we got renewed because you made that set toxic AF," she added. "Now, get off my coattails you f–king fraud."

Rose has also previously said plainly, "I don't like her" when referring to Alyssa. 

Robbery accessory

Jean-Claude Van Damme unwittingly aids in jewelry heist

Jean-Claude Van Damme seemed to be an accessory to a crime through no fault of his own… and without even knowing it.

Earlier this week, the action star was reportedly visiting an eye wear store in Paris. Unbeknownst to Jean-Claude, at the same time he was at the optician, a crook was robbing a nearby jeweler, to the tune of about $3.5 million in jewels.

Richard Milnes/Shutterstock

The street, according the The Guardian, was bustling with witnesses. However, the "Bloodsport" actor's presence seem to take everyone's attention away from the heist and onto him. In fact, the report says that many would-be witnesses told authorities they recalled seeing Jean-Claude but none seemed to notice or hear anything else amiss.

Staff within the store told police that a man pretended to be customer interested in high-end gems. The man then pulled out a knife, none of which was seen through the windowed doorway. Additionally, no one on the street seemed to notice the crook getting away on electric green, scooter while carrying a bag of jewelry either.

Two men were eventually found and arrested in connection with the crime, but not because of witnesses in the area (who obviously had their eyes glued on Jean-Claude). Surveillance footage assisted in the capture of the thieves. Police said they recovered a "substantial part" of the stolen property.

Town damaged

George Clooney, wife caught up in catastrophic Northern Italy floods

George Clooney and his family had an unfortunate front row seat to the devastating floods, hail storms and mudslides that hit northern Italy this week.

The "Ocean's 11" star was vacationing at his home in Lake Como when the extreme weather hit. Photos out of Italy showed George assessing the damage with Mayor Roberto Pozzi. 

James Veysey/REX/Shutterstock

The Sun reported that George, his wife, Amal, and their 4-year-old twins, were not hurt. The area around their vacation home in Laglio, however, was marred with downed trees, mud and rocks. The once-picturesque town is now unrecognizable.

AFP via Getty Images

"It's so much worse than anybody thinks. We were in Cernobbio and it was very bad, but here in Laglio it's much worse," George reportedly told Italian media, via The Sun. "They think it could be years and millions of dollars before they fix it up."

"This town has been here forever, it's going to continue and it's going to be stronger and come back better. This is a very resilient town," he added. 

Reports claim more than 60 people had to be rescued as result of the weather event.

The A-list purchased his Lake Como home in 2002 for a reported $14 million. The 18th-century villa is stunning, as it features 25 rooms, an outdoor theater and a swimming pool. 

Chelsea Lauren/BAFTA/Shutterstock

"We had three days of continuous rain and then all hell broke loose and we were flooded with an amazing wall of water and debris from the mountain," the mayor told the UK outlet, adding that the town looks like a "disaster zone."

"Four houses have been destroyed and those families are being given alternative accommodation," he said. "The noise and the strength of the water were amazing. I have never seen anything like it. This will take many days to clear up. George and his family are here and the road near their house is impassable in places but they are safe and there was no damage to their property."

This isn't the first time one of George and Amal's homes have faced severe weather. Just last year their $13 million Berkshire, England, estate "suffered major flood damage" after Storm Dennis struck the region.

New look

Fred Durst debuts a shocking new look on Instagram

Where's Fred Durst, and what have you done with him?

Fred Durst, the famous frontman of Limp Bizkit, debuted a new look on Instagram this week, and he is completely unrecognizable.

Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock

For years, the singer was known for his trademark backward baseball hat (usually red) and goatee. Those days are long gone, as evidenced on social media.

On July 27, fans were shocked after Fred posted a selfie that shows him with groomed handlebar mustache and wavy gray hair — the new selfie came after Fred scrubbed his Instagram. The new snap is the only photo posted to his feed.

"Thinking about you 70," he captioned the photo.

After the post, fans jumped all over Fred and commented on the transformation. He was compared to Hulk Hogan, Bon Jovi, Richard Gere, David Spade, Julian Assange and a "youth group leader at a hip mega church."

The jokes poured in.

"Fred Durst looks like he's got into flipping houses on HGTV," one person wrote. Another said, "This guy needs a station wagon ASAP." Fred responded to comment, writing, "agreed."

The singer actually responded to several fans, including one person who said the look "actually hurts my soul." Fred said, "For some the pain is inevitable."

The reason for the transformation isn't known, but some wondered if it was for a film project. Then again, perhaps he's doing it all for the nookie.