The person who leaked the video appearing to show Solange Knowles fighting with Jay Z in an elevator at the Standard Hotel has been fired as a result of the incident, the New York establishment said on Wednesday, May 14.
In a statement released two days after the footage went public, a rep for the Standard shared that it had "identified the individual responsible for breaching the security policies of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video released by TMZ."
"The Standard has already terminated the individual and will now be pursuing all available civil and criminal remedies," the statement continued. "The Standard will next be turning over all available information to the criminal authorities."
The now-infamous clip in question, posted by TMZ on Monday, May 12, is purportedly from the night of May 5, when Solange, Jay Z, and Beyonce attended an after-party for the 2014 Met Gala at the Standard's Boom Boom Room. It appears to show Solange kicking and swinging her arms at her brother-in-law while being restrained by a security guard.
A source at the hotel previously told Us Weekly that the video had been "recorded on a cell phone from the monitors in the back room." Reps for the three stars involved have not commented on the footage, but the hotel spoke out soon after the incident, decrying the leak and promising to take action against it.
"We are shocked and disappointed that there was a clear breach of our security system and the confidentiality that we count on providing our guests," a rep said at the time. "We are investigating with the utmost urgency the circumstances surrounding the situation and, as is our customary practice, will discipline and prosecute the individuals to our fullest capacity."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- Dec. 06, 2016 Check out the best and worst in celebrity style for 2016