Now that we've all heard Christian Bale's meltdown a million times (and even enjoyed the remix), let's step back, get some perspective, and try to find Bale's place in the hallowed pantheon of the 10 Craziest Celebrity Freakouts of All Time…
10. When Kramer went crazy on a heckler (WARNING: profane) during a stand-up set at the Laugh Factory back in 2006, he went from "wacky neighbor" to "scary racist" faster than you can say "Seinfeld".
9. When Ellen DeGeneres' adopted dog was taken from its new owners by a rescue group, Ellen had an on-camera breakdown that launched a grassroots activism campaign to get the poor puppy back in the care of its newfound foster family.
8. On the set of I Heart Huckabees, director David O. Russell and star Lily Tomlin had a disagreement that escalated to the point of a full-on screaming match (NSFW). If anything in the movie was this funny, it would have become a comedy classic.
7. Even 11 year-old girls aren't exempt from the lunacy of Gary Busey, as one intrepid young journalist learned when she tried to interview the star at an Oscars after-party and was assaulted with a terrifying stream of incomprehensible Busanity.
6. Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse both enjoyed documenting their drug addictions with a series of disturbing home movies they posted to YouTube. This one will give you the gist of them. It's like watching Intervention without any intervening.
5. When Alec Baldwin's very angry voicemail to his 11-year old daughter (in which he called her a "thoughtless little pig", among other things) leaked back in 2007, he learned a hard lesson about the damage a vengeful ex can do with the Internet.
4. A shirtless David Hasselhoff, on the floor of his hotel room, drunkenly eating a hamburger, is quite simply one of the greatest things you'll ever see on the Internet.
3. When a Fox morning show tried to interview Paula Abdul, but was instead met with a slurry mess of over-medicated wacky talk, we couldn't help ourselves from wishing that American Idol judgement happened in the mornings.
2. We were all part of the 2005 Tom Cruise Meltdown Tour, and could thus never forget his mind-blowing interview with Matt Lauer on the Today Show and of course the iconic couch-jumping incident on Oprah.
1. The vintage clip (NSFW) of Bill O'Reilly completely losing it over a broken teleprompter back in his Inside Edition days became an instant Internet classic. His desperate profanity and demands to "Do It Live!" somehow never stop being hilarious.