Fame Flynet 1 / 11

Amber Heard essentially muzzled herself in her deposition as part of her divorce case against Johnny Depp.

According to TMZ, Amber never took an oath, never testified and never uttered a word, even though she was at the courthouse for nearly 10 hours over the weekend.

Amber has alleged domestic abuse in her marriage, but Johnny has denied the violence and his attorneys were expected to try to pick apart her claims during her deposition.

The website said that both sides were trying to work out a settlement over the weekend but no deal was struck. Amber, the site says, was so uninvolved in the discussions that she never even entered the room where her lawyers were trying to hash out a deal. Instead, she was in a nearby room from 11: 30 am to 9 pm.

Amid reports that she actually refused to speak, her team says that's nonsense.

"Although she was ready, willing and able to go forward with her deposition, it was not taken by Johnny's attorneys," Amber's rep said. "She waited for 10 hours and at no time did Amber ever refuse to start the deposition. There was nothing preventing Johnny's counsel from commencing the deposition."

A deal between Johnny and Amber was reportedly close to be struck the evening before the deposition, but it fell apart.

The deposition on Saturday was scheduled to start earlier, but the actress was an hour and a half late, although her team said she was on time.

In fact, because of her tardiness, she nearly violated a court order, the celebrity website reported at the time.

Amber has postponed the deposition several times already, citing movie roles and engagement parties. However, she promised a Los Angeles judge that she would be there on Saturday.

During the deposition, Johnny's lawyers were expected to grill Amber about her claims that the actor was physically abusive to her. There were reports that police officers responded to their home and saw no evidence of physical damage in the home or domestic abuse.

Amber has also asked for a large chunk of money in the divorce, which will be a huge focal point, especially considering they were only married for 15 months.

Last month, Amber's team said Johnny was to blame for the back-and-forth legal proceedings, saying he was trying to "thwart" their divorce proceedings, and that he is "smearing Amber at every turn."

They said he was "stonewalling" the process.

The estranged couple married in Johnny's personal tropical paradise, which he reportedly bought for $3.6 million in 2004, in February 2015 after meeting on the set of "The Rum Diary" six years earlier.

After she filed for divorce in May, Amber obtained a restraining order against her husband, citing multiple instances of abuse. She appeared in court with bruises on her face, which she said were the result of Johnny throwing an iPhone at her.

She did not formally file a police report about that fight, however, because of what insiders have called a desire to protect Johnny from being "buried" by an arrest and trial.