Rapper DMX stopped breathing, had no pulse and had to be rushed to the hospital on Feb. 9
Turns out, police saved his life.
Reports are indicating that DMX could have suffered from an overdose. However, DMX says that he suffered from a severe asthma attack.
TMZ says that Yonkers, New York police responded to a call about an unconscious male at a Ramada Inn just after 6 PM. DMX was on the ground in the parking lot next to a parked car when police arrived and determined he was lifeless, not breathing with no pulse, and immediately began CPR.
A minute after police began life saving procedures, the rapper came back to life.
The celebrity website said a witness told cops that X ingested a powder before falling unconscious. X, though, says he remembers having shortness of breath after suffering from bronchitis for a couple of days. A family member said he asked for an inhaler just before falling unconscious.
Cops gave him Narcan, an antidote to narcotic ODs. DMX became "semi-conscious" and was taken to the hospital, where he remains.
Charges are not expected to be filed.
DMX has had drug problems throughout his life. In 2013 he told Dr. Phil that he was introduced to drugs when he was about 8 years old, when a family member gave him marijuana. At age 14, he says he smoked a blunt that he later found out had been laced with cocaine.
"That's when it started," he said. "It was something that drew me in, and trapped me, and just had a hold on me for a long, long time."
He continued, "I'm always going to be an addict. I'm going to be an addict until I die. It doesn't mean I have to get high."
He indicted that he didn't realize he had a drug problem until he was about 20 years old.
At the end of the day, whether it was drugs or asthma, it's all inconsequential -- DMX is alive, that's what matters.