It was nice knowing you, Alexis Bellino!
Six days after Us Weekly exclusively broke the news that Bellino had left Bravo's Real Housewives of Orange County, the 35-year-old mother-of-three issued an official statement regarding her exit September 24.
"After three seasons of appearing on the Real Housewives of Orange County, I have made the difficult decision not to return for season 8," Bellino told Us in a statement. "Although Bravo made me a very generous offer and I'm thankful to have had this experience, I will be leaving the show behind to focus on my family and other opportunities."
She added, "I am so grateful to have gone through this amazing journey and to have met so many incredible fans. I hope this clears up any rumors and questions. My heart is at peace and I remain so excited for my future."
"Alexis was really tired of being bullied and chose home and family life over celebrity," an insider told Us last week. "She wanted to go back to her simple life in Orange County."
Tell Us: Will you you watch the Real Housewives of Orange County without Alexis Bellino?
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Alexis Bellino: "My Heart Is at Peace" After Leaving Real Housewives of Orange County
- Aug. 17, 2016 Check out the best moments of the 2016 Summer Olympics