SISSONVILLE, W.Va. (AP) — MTV says production crews were not with a young star of the reality show "BUCKWILD" when he died over Easter weekend and hadn't filmed him since earlier in the week.
Twenty-one-year-old Shain Gandee was found dead Monday in his SUV near Sissonville, along with two passengers.
Autopsies determined that all three died of carbon monoxide poisoning, possibly caused by the vehicle's tailpipe being submerged in mud. That could have allowed the invisible gas to fill the vehicle's cabin.
MTV spokesman Jake Urbanski said Wednesday it would be at least a few weeks before producers and cast members decide whether to continue shooting season two.
For now, he says, everyone is focused on supporting Gandee's friends and family.
Also killed were his 48-year-old uncle, David Gandee, and 27-year-old Donald Robert Myers.
- 18 hours ago See all the stars at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival!