Betty White reveals secrets to health, happiness ahead of 100th birthday
Ahead of her 100th birthday on Jan. 17, Betty White is sharing some of her secrets to leading a long, happy and healthy life. "I'm so lucky to be in such good health and feel so good at this age, it's amazing," the "Golden Girls" icon recently told People. A lifelong "optimist," Betty said she inherited her happy outlook from her mother and never lost it. "I always find the positive," she explained. Asked how she spends most days lately, the eight-time Emmy winner said she loves to play cards, do crossword puzzles and watch "Jeopardy!" Animal documentaries are also high on the animal welfare advocate's watch list. Salads, however, are not. "I try to avoid anything green," she joked of her diet. "I think it's working."
Keep reading to see which celeb just tested positive for COVID-19 amid the omicron surge and more …
Hugh Jackman tests positive for COVID-19
Days after his Broadway costar, Sutton Foster, contracted COVID-19, Hugh Jackman announced he's also been infected with the coronavirus. "I just wanted to make sure you heard this from me. I tested positive for covid," Hugh wrote on Instagram on Dec. 28. "Mild symptoms and looking forward to getting back on stage ASAP! Sending love for a happy and healthy new year," he added. Sutton, who stars opposite Hugh in "The Music Man," announced she was positive last week and posted how thankful she was to the understudy who covered for her. "Grateful to Kathy [Voytko] and our incredible company. Grateful to all swings and understudies who keep all the shows going, now and always," Sutton shared at the time. According to People, Hugh also celebrated the impressive work understudies have done over the course of the production, praising Kathy's performance and others in a post-show speech. "I'm emotional because it humbles me — their courage, their brilliance, their dedication, their talent," he said. "The swings, the understudies, they are the bedrock of Broadway."
RELATED: Stars who've died of COVID-19
Britney Spears says she's 'scared of the [music] business' amid comeback reports
Following a Dec. 27 report that claimed Britney Spears is "planning a career comeback for 2022," the singer said on Instagram that what she's endured as a pop star has left her too "scared" of the music business to continue performing. In the same post, she slammed her family for causing her pain. "I have issues … I'm not perfect so I have to remind myself daily to look up and know I'm not alone. I had an experience three years ago where I stopped believing in God," Britney said, in part. "From every angle I was being hurt for no reason and my family was hurting me … I went into a state of shock and the way I coped was being fake denial." She said she kept her mouth shut to avoid "conflict," but "what they did to my heart was unforgivable. … I asked for 13 years to perform new songs and remixes of my old songs …. I had two months off in between each show settings for four years in Vegas … and every time I asked I was told 'No…,'" she continued. "I guess it seems odd to most now why I don't even do my music anymore … that's just the surface issues," she wrote. "People have no idea the awful things that were done to me personally … and after what I've been through, I'm scared of people and the business!!!!" Britney, 40, added that avoiding music is her "way of saying F*** you" after what she's been through. She posted the long note within hours of a report from "Entertainment Tonight" that claimed Britney is "actively eyeing different brand deals and entertainment opportunities" and that she's "excited to put her businesswoman hat on in the new year and explore different ventures that weren't available to her in the past," presumably before her conservatorship was terminated.
RELATED: Britney's best outfits of all time
Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's fans are convinced their second child is here
Some of Kylie Jenner's fans are convinced she's already welcomed her second baby with Travis Scott. Though she was believed to have been due in early 2022, Instagram user @kravis4ever noticed a baby bottle filled with milk in the corner of a Christmas Eve photo Kourtney Kardashian's fiance, Travis Barker, shared on his Instagram Story. "Hi @travisbarker you can't just post a pic of a baby bottle and be like 'Imma just leave this here,'" the fan wrote, sharing a snap of the photo on Instagram. The post quickly went viral as more social media users chimed in with reasons the bottle could be Kylie's new baby's. "Kylie used those exact bottles when Stormie was little," noted one fan as others insisted, "Kylie had to have had her baby." Stylecaster also points out the children in the Kardashian-Jenner family are all too big for the 5-ounce, "0-3 months old" bottle in the pic. If Kylie and Travis Scott kept news of baby No. 2's arrival to themselves, it would also be in line with their delayed announcement about their daughter, Stormi's arrival.
Bebe Rexha gets candid about body image struggles
Bebe Rexha says she's struggling to "love" herself after a recent weight gain left her the "heaviest" she's ever been. "So it is the holidays and I know we're all supposed to be, like, merry and like, 'Yay, it's the holidays,' which I am — ish," the singer, 32, says in a TikTok video she posted Dec. 27. "I weighed myself just now, and I don't feel comfortable sharing the weight 'cause I feel embarrassed," she says later, adding, "I just feel disgusting, you know, like in my own body." As the video continues, Bebe gets increasingly emotional and candid, admitting she hasn't been on social media much lately "because I don't feel good in my skin." Though she often promotes body-positive thinking with fans, she says in the clip that the impulse to do so comes from "a place of hurt and confusion." Tearfully, she adds, "I don't know how to help myself anymore or how to love myself." By the following day, she seemed to be getting herself back on track in the self-confidence department, though. Sharing a cute video that showed her flaunting her gorgeous curves in a bikini on a beach, Bebe wrote in the caption that the clip was "sitting in drafts" after a recent vacation. "Just forcing myself to post it," she shared.
'The View' is reportedly still 'struggling' to replace Meghan McCain
Turns out replacing Meghan McCain on "The View" is easier said than done — and according to Politico, the remaining co-hosts are now "voicing their displeasure" with the stream of rotating conservative guest hosts who've been filling in. Despite their frustrations, however, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin will be seeing more of the same when the show returns from its holiday break in 2022. "Our plans are on track as we continue to look for the right person to join our panel of smart, dynamic women," said a "View" rep. "We look forward to welcoming guest co-hosts for return appearances and introducing new names into the mix in the new year." But Politicos sources say the regular co-hosts find having so many different guest-hosts is "disruptive." The outlet also reports "The View" is "struggling" to find someone who has "credibility with mainstream Republicans," many of whom still support Donald Trump, yet doesn't deny the 2020 election results or support the Jan. 6 rioters. Meghan's descriptions of the "toxic work environment" she says she endured at "The View" for four years before exiting over the summer can't be helping matters, either. For now, Season 25 will reportedly return with guest hosts including Trump staffer Alyssa Farah, Bari Weiss and Lisa Ling.
Travis Scott's Dior collection postponed 'indefinitely' due to Astroworld tragedy
Another deal is off the table for Travis Scott. In the wake of the rapper's deadly Astroworld Festival, French fashion house Dior announced it won't proceed with plans for a collaboration with Travis' Cactus Jack creative ventures. "Out of respect for everyone affected by the tragic events at Astroworld, Dior has decided to postpone indefinitely the launch of products from the Cactus Jack collaboration originally intended to be included in its summer 2022 collection," Dior said in a statement on Dec. 28, via Page Six. Travis and Dior teased the planned capsule collection earlier this year at a fashion show. The postponed release comes as Travis faces at least 140 lawsuits including one filed by some 1500 festival attendees, after 10 people died as a result of a crowd surge during his set at the event on Nov. 5. He's since said he continued performing because he was unable to hear or see that hundreds of fans were being injured and, as it turned out, killed, in the commotion. Live Nation, Apple Music, special guest Drake and others are also named as defendants in the lawsuits. The latest shoes Travis designed for Nike were also recently shelved out of respect for the victims and their families.