Bar Refaeli, better known to celeb stalkers as the leggy blonde supermodel semi-permanently attached to Leonardo DiCaprio's hip, has hit the big time by landing on the cover of Sports Illustrated's latest swimsuit issue (pick it up on newsstands this week for all the photos). But how much do we actually know about the beauteous beach-loving Bar?
Here are a few fun facts you can bring up if you want to pretend you did more than merely ogle her photos:
- Bar was born on a horse ranch in Hod HaSharon, Israel.
- Her modeling and acting career started at the ripe old age of 8 months old.
- She co-hosted Tommy Hilfiger Presents Ironic Iconic America on Bravo, a show which followed Bar as she explored the United States.
- MTV is reportedly courting Bar to host a revival of House of Style, the style show previously hosted by Cindy Crawford.
- She's... confident. Bar once said of her supermodel powers, "The photographer can tell me his vision for the shot, but its me in front of the camera that brings it out."
- Bar was briefly married at the age of 18, a fact which has stirred controversy since it allowed her to avoid mandatory service in the Israeli military. Bar is quoted as saying that avoiding serving in the IDF "paid off big." She later sued an Israeli newspaper for libel after her comments prompted them to run the headline, "Bar Refaeli versus the State of Israel."
- Did we mention that she's not very political?
- Boyfriend Leonardo DiCaprio is rumored to have lobbied for Bar to land the coveted SI cover spot. A not-so-subtle jab at Leo's ex-girlfriend and sometime modeler of swimwear Gisele Bundchen? Passive-aggression is always better coming from beautiful people.
- 15 hours ago See the stars' pregnant and post-baby bodies