Mossimo Giannulli will remain behind bars, despite his pleas with a judge to let him serve the rest of his prison sentence at home.
Earlier this month, Lori Loughlin's husband claimed he was terrified of the coronavirus spreading in the prison system and asked the court to step in and allow him to serve the remainder of his five-month sentence in home confinement. According to TMZ, a judge said Mossimo's arguments weren't compelling enough and felt that he doesn't have a heightened risk of contracting the virus at USP Lompoc in Santa Barbara, California.
As part of Mossimo's plea, he said he'd been stuck in solitary confinement and argued that, due partially to the pandemic, the conditions in prison are "far more extreme than what the court recommended."
His complaints about isolation, the court said, aren't grounds for a home release. In fact, the court expressed that Mossimo should have essentially expected a quarantine upon entering prison. Now that his quarantine is over, Mossimo is in general population, the webloid says.
While the fashion designer bristles at his current housing arrangement, the judge said that prison systems are getting better at handling the virus and noted that vaccines are being rolled out, which should further help stop the spread.
Back in March 2019, Mossimo and his "Fuller House" star wife were accused of paying a $500,000 bribe to get their daughters into the University of Southern California as crew team recruits despite neither girl participating in the sport. In May 2020, as part of a deal with prosecutors, they pleaded guilty for their roles in the case and were given prison sentences.
Lori was released from prison on Dec. 28 after serving two months. Mossimo is expected to be released on April 17, 2021.